Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Poor Customer Service - Wood Dash Pros - Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:42 PM
0__o
Thumbs down Poor Customer Service - Wood Dash Pros - Dash Kit

For three months I've been trying to get a piece missing from my Sherwood Dash kit.

I have two wrong pieces and now . . . silence.

FYI . . . look at alternatives before buying.

Wood Dash Pros are not "pros" when it comes to customer service.

Ed

Last edited by TCH80226; 02-07-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Poor Customer Service - Wood Dash Pros - Dash Kit

I know the feeling. I bought some pieces this guy had left over from a kit he installed. Got them really quickly. Wanted 1 more piece that he said I could purchase separately. Send a check on Jan. 8th. He confirmed he received my money but I still haven't received my part. Looks like another phone call is in store on Monday.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Finally got a reply from Mark at Wood Dash Pro. He said that individual pieces and take a while to get for some reason. He has been trying to contact Sherwood about our parts and is waiting for an answer. Hopefully, not much longer.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:14 PM
0__o

Frank -

Did you get your piece? I haven't heard or gotten anything.

Ed

Old 03-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nope, not yet. Sent another eamil a couple days ago. No answer yer. Been 2 months now. Figured I try and call him again next week.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
0__o

Well, I got a response (see below) from Mark Lane of Wood Dash Pros. In it he quotes a "policy" wherein he absolves himself of any responsibility.

He says that I installed the kit prior to inspecting it. WRONG. I took inventory of the parts prior to any installation. At that point, I informed him of the missing piece. He had Sherwwod ship another piece but that was a wrong piece. After I told him that it was the wrong piece, he shipped out another piece from his inventory. That piece was also incorrect. The "inspect before install" rule didn't stop him from sending me two wrong pieces before he got tired of dealing with me.

His rationalization was that shipping out two wrong pieces should make me happy. WRONG!

I attempted to contact Sherwood and they have not responded. I guess they leave it to their dealers to deal with their mistakes.

So to repeat my original warning:

Wood Dash Pros are not "pros" when it comes to customer service.

"Ed in regards to your missing pc. After reviewing my policies regarding missing or damaged pc's I have decided that the flat pc's I sent to you as a replacement to the missing pc. is sufficient replacement. And no further parts will be sent. Because the kit was installed prior to inspecting the contents for accuracy all claims are void. However in an effort to accomidate you, I did send you the above mentioned replacement parts as a courtesy. All claims must be made prior to installing any parts. Therefore, please consider this case closed."

Mark Lane

www.wooddashpros.com

Old 03-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got an email from Mark today also. He is returning the money I sent him for the one piece I wanted. I didn't buy my kit from him, I just wanted one piece to go with the pieces I already had. Maybe I'll try again at a later date.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
0__o

Frank-

Hope you do get your money back. In your case, except for the time, you broke out even.

In my case . . . does two wrong pieces make me even?

Ed

Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Not to go off topic, but Ed's list of modifications includes a sliding center armrest. Can someone give a good detailed description of what this is and how it works? My wife is pretty short and the standard armrest in our 09 TCH isn't forward enough for her to use, so if this is what I think it is I need to see where I can get one.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 PM
0__o

Ash Grey / Leather [check with dealer for other options]

Toyota Part No 060T/5890506210B0 Door Sub-Assy, Console

Arm Rest Back

Arm Rest Forward

Last edited by TCH80226; 03-24-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Poor Customer Service - Wood Dash Pros - Dash Kit

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands