Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

should I buy from a rental agency

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default should I buy from a rental agency

Hi...
I'm moving to Israel due to work obligations... I want to buy a car there and I even got an offer on a Honda Civic Hybrid from an israel car rental agency. but I'm worrying about buying a car from a rental place.
should I not be worried?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: should I buy from a rental agency

not sure about Israel but I rent often here in the states for work and I can tell you I would NEVER buy from a rental car agency.

Maintenance always seems second priority to them. They get to the oil change when its convenient for them, not when it needs to be done. Whenever i check the oil in a rental at a fill up, id say half the time its low and very dark.

Plus, have you ever heard the phrase "drive it like a rental?" or "its just a rental". Equates similarly to "drive it like you stole it". While i'm not too hard on rentals, i've been in them with others that are extremely hard on them.

Combine that with the low maintenance, and i think you'd have a lot to worry about in my opinion.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip...!

Old 11-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

The better advise I can give is never buy a car from a rental agency. If you are not here to settle for long might as well just rent alone never ever buy. In the event, that you'll settle in that place for long then buy in a reputable company that way it is more secured.