How many of you...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default How many of you...

are using a ScanGuage and do you think it helps you get better mileage? Ever since I got one, I immediately started to notice places in my commute where I could get better mileage and how just the least pressure on the gas pedal dropped my MPG. Major improvement over the ECO light. I now drive by the MPG guage more than by the speedometer and hope to develop more skill in milking the max mileage out of my VUE.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How many of you...

I did the same with my commute once I got the scangauge installed. It gives much more information than just the eco light does and not just for fuel economy.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe I will ask Santa for a ScanGuage for Christmas. In the mean time, I will continue to drive my style and continue the great gas mileage. If the ScanGuage helps you to drive smooth then use it to its fullest. You guys are gaining on me and that is great.

By the way, I will be dropping a 1000 miles this weekend on a trip to Ohio. So I will be zooming at 70-75mpg across the mountains of western Maryland. I expect my mileage to suffer. Howver, driving 14 hours at 70+ is better than drving 18 hours at 55+ and getting blown off the road.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast

HybridVue

When you get into Ohio, toot the horn so I'll know to wave!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HybridVue
Maybe I will ask Santa for a ScanGuage for Christmas. In the mean time, I will continue to drive my style and continue the great gas mileage. If the ScanGuage helps you to drive smooth then use it to its fullest. You guys are gaining on me and that is great.

By the way, I will be dropping a 1000 miles this weekend on a trip to Ohio. So I will be zooming at 70-75mpg across the mountains of western Maryland. I expect my mileage to suffer. Howver, driving 14 hours at 70+ is better than drving 18 hours at 55+ and getting blown off the road.
Great!! Keep on driving at 75mph, that should drop that mpg enough so FireNurse and I can catch up to you!!! Oh, and be sure to floor it going up those mountains, too!!!
Hope Santa's good to you, the ScanGuages are great if you like electronics goodies!!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by firenurse4
I did the same with my commute once I got the scangauge installed. It gives much more information than just the eco light does and not just for fuel economy.
Agreed!! In fact, I'm almost hoping the Check Engine light comes on so I can turn it off myself!!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

No scangauge here--yet. It may be something I consider in the future, but so far, I actually like the simplicity of the eco light (although it's often washed out by sunlight). I know most "hypermilers" scoff at the eco light and claim that it's a poor effort from GM in light of most hybrid cars' complex systems, but for us, it's just right. I'm pretty sure that my wife would pay little attention to it, and I'd be just the opposite--staring intently at the display and paying a lot less attention to the road. Maybe someday, though. It's a neat device. I do like the idea of checking and clearing codes.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

It has helped me see a few things about the car I would not have otherwise known about. That being said I think the price is a bit much for what it does, but I am glad I bought it.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tekn0wledg
It has helped me see a few things about the car I would not have otherwise known about. That being said I think the price is a bit much for what it does, but I am glad I bought it.
I agree about the price being a bit much, but IMHO, I think it will pay for itself with the increased MPG I seem to be nursing from my Vue.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phil94
No scangauge here--yet. It may be something I consider in the future, but so far, I actually like the simplicity of the eco light (although it's often washed out by sunlight). I know most "hypermilers" scoff at the eco light and claim that it's a poor effort from GM in light of most hybrid cars' complex systems, but for us, it's just right. I'm pretty sure that my wife would pay little attention to it, and I'd be just the opposite--staring intently at the display and paying a lot less attention to the road. Maybe someday, though. It's a neat device. I do like the idea of checking and clearing codes.
I have mine mounted on the top of the dash, just above the radio and slanted towards me. I can keep an eyeball on it and the road at the same time. And you are probably right about your wife. If she's like mine, she's hardly paying attention to the traffic and other stuff around her, much less some guage on the dash!!

Quick Reply: How many of you...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands