Hybrid Vue Too Much Trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Vue Too Much Trouble?

This is exactly what I was afraid of. I'll probably opt for the Escape since I know what it can do.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HybridVue
All my numbers are 100% accurate.
No one's numbers are 100% accurate. Even if your odometer is perfect at one stage in a tire's life it will be off at other stages of wear and/or pressure. Gas pumps do not deliver perfect measure as well.

You can claim is that your math is good and you have done your honest to God best to report your mileage as accurately as possible, but no one can claim 100% accuracy.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

And what percentage accuracy would you claim? You comment is ridiculous and misleading. Yes, there is a very small margin of error but over hundreds of tanks, dozens of GL's, and so on, I think you can take the numbers to the bank as far as expectations go.

By the way, entering your mileage doesn't require manual math; it's done as you enter it. No idea where you got that notion from.

Had to say something as your claim is without merit. Cite some sources if you can.

People post here to keep reasonable track; you rubbishing it is not productive.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post Re: Hybrid Vue Too Much Trouble?

Thanks OurGL for backing me up.

To BigTuna - As for my claim - it is meant to say I do not alter the numbers to make certain tanks look good or omit bad tanks. All tanks are reported. I also do not over or under fill (on purpose). I also keep all records down to the cent.

Pump discrepacies, tire wear, odometer miscalculated, spinning tires and precious drops of gas leaking from the nozzel aside - my numbers are still 100% accurate.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

We too have had very little trouble with our VUE GL, and ours was one in which the battery failed. The VUE was out of service while the updated battery was installed and all has been well since then. I should point out that (at least in our case) you are certainly not stranded, but simply without hybrid assist. That's the beauty of the simple system--it just reverts to the conventional car that it is should a problem arise. There is no complex hi-voltage hybrid system or CVT transmission to worry about.

Other than the battery, we've had no trouble. It's performed very well and is a pleasure to drive. Maintenance is cheap, too--just oil changes and tire rotations, and our tires look nearly brand new after 26,000 miles.

I should also point out that I think the BAS really does play a role in highway driving. On a recent trip back east, we got nearly 35 mpg for a tank range of 539 miles, and I certainly didn't crawl along in the right lane. I don't think that would have been possible in a conventional VUE.

The choice between the Escape and VUE isn't easy, and I don't think you'll go wrong in either case. For us, the VUE was by far the better value and we've also had good Saturn experience in a previous vehicle.