What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post Satistical Summary.....

By the way: we finally have enough Saturn Vue Hybrids reporting to get a satistical summary on the home page.

Way to go for all!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

My first two tanks have me between 26 and 27. Loaded down with 80mph driving on the hwy. I hope to get up to 31 soon. I am going to try to run 93 octane on my way from AL to FL.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

Don't waste your money on 93 octane in the hopes of getting better gas mileage. Use 87 like the manual states and you will be fine.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heloavi
My first two tanks have me between 26 and 27. Loaded down with 80mph driving on the hwy. I hope to get up to 31 soon. I am going to try to run 93 octane on my way from AL to FL.
Is the speed limit 80 mph in Florida?? Slow that rig down, run it on regular and you might just live to see 30 mpg!!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was wondering other's opinions on high octane in the GL. Some folks on the SaturnFans boards have mentioned that high-octane fuel is recommended (but not required) in the Aura GL, which has what I thought was the same LAT powertrain.

I have never used high test in our VUE GL and didn't think it was necessary or recommended, which I thought was somewhat odd given the engine's variable valve technology and higher compression ratio. Thoughts?

Old 07-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

Higher octane fuel isn't necessary until detonation (knock, misfire, call it what you will) starts occuring. If you have a scanguage you *should* be able to find a field called knock counts or spark counts. Typically the computer will register a few on startup which really aren't of any concern. If this number keeps climbing during normal driving then bumping your gas up to a higher octane rating can help. I'm more familiar with OBD-I systems as opposed to the OBD-II systems, but the ideas are the same; no reason to run higher octane gas if it's not detonating and there's no reason it should under light driving.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Enthusiast

Well I made it over 30MPG and it was on high test. Not sure if it was the driving or the fuel. I will need a few more tanks to be sure.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Saturn Cult Member

I started with 93 octane and noticed an immediate improvement in my mileage. I'll give it a few tanks to settle down and see if it's really worth it, but the first indication is pretty good: 33 mpg on a mixed local/highway tank; the last time I saw 33 mpg was on a pure highway trip.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

I think I will try about three are four tanks after I finish this next one off. This will give me an idea how it works

Old 07-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Enthusiast

Just owned ours for about 10 days. Got 515 miles from the first tank = just a shade over 32 mpg!

Our GL VUE gets the same if not better mileage than our 2001 SC2!

Quick Reply: What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands