What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

Originally Posted by Arnel
Just owned ours for about 10 days. Got 515 miles from the first tank = just a shade over 32 mpg!

Our GL VUE gets the same if not better mileage than our 2001 SC2!

Wow--that's fantastic mileage, especially for the first tank!

Congrats!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Enthusiast

OK, time to clarify. We bought the GL VUE with 4100 miles on it. But by my calculations, overall, the car has had only 8-9 tanks of gas.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Saturn Cult Member

Originally Posted by RicksVue
I started with 93 octane and noticed an immediate improvement in my mileage. I'll give it a few tanks to settle down and see if it's really worth it, but the first indication is pretty good: 33 mpg on a mixed local/highway tank; the last time I saw 33 mpg was on a pure highway trip.
Now that I've done a few more tanks on 93 octane, it's clear that it has no real impact on the mileage. The scanguage MPG readout varies wildly in accuracy from tank-to-tank which fooled me. Once I saw three full high-octane tanks measurement it's pretty obvious (the smoothed gas mileage actually went down even though I had one good tank in the middle.)

Consider this myth busted.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

Now that I've done a few more tanks on 93 octane, it's clear that it has no real impact on the mileage. The scanguage MPG readout varies wildly in accuracy from tank-to-tank which fooled me. Once I saw three full high-octane tanks measurement it's pretty obvious (the smoothed gas mileage actually went down even though I had one good tank in the middle.)

I agree on the ScanGuage mileage, it's fairly accurate, but not just as exact as I'd like. I need to get somebody to ride along and set the MPH with my GPS and I think it would be a little more accurate. Sad to hear you got no more mileage after spending the extra for premium fuel. I guess sometimes we just have to bite the bullet to satify our curiousity!! Thanx for the info, good to know!!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I haven't tried high-test, but I had always wondered if it would be at all beneficial. I'm actually somewhat surprised it isn't required. Many variable cam phasing engines seem to require it. Did you happed to notice any changes in performance?

On a side note, I just finished a 1000-mile trip in my 1995 Chevrolet 4x4 full-size pickup (wife needed the VUE while I was away). Even with the A/C on, the old beast still managed 21.1 mpg. Certainly not VUE GL mileage, but not too shabby for a big ol' beast. I really think the Hybrid has taught me to be a more efficient driver in ALL our cars.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

I recently bought my Saturn. To date I have logged approx. 3K mi. and the very best mileage I have been able to get is 20.5!!! My average is actually a mere 19.8 mpgs!! How can this be?? Is there anyone else out there experiencing such dismal results?? I am so disappointed in the performance I am ready to put it up for sale!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

To Optimystical:

The route you drive (highway vs local)...
Your driving style (speedy or conservative)....
Maintanence of Hybrid Vue (properly tuned, tires inflated, battery harness fixed...).....
All play an important role in your ultimate gas mileage.

Some of us get over 30mpg with easy. However, OurGL has struggled with his Hybrid Vue only averaging 22.5mpg lifetime. It could be the Vue or it could be your style of driving. Take a good look at both and that should yield the answer as to the poor gas mileage.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by optimystical
I recently bought my Saturn. To date I have logged approx. 3K mi. and the very best mileage I have been able to get is 20.5!!! My average is actually a mere 19.8 mpgs!! How can this be?? Is there anyone else out there experiencing such dismal results?? I am so disappointed in the performance I am ready to put it up for sale!
It has been reported here that some of the Vues get horrible mileage. One guy even drove 4 of them before he got one that got good mileage. Follow HybridVues advice and get her in for the new wiring harness and a checkup to see what is going on with it. Mine got 29mpg first tank and I am thankful I got one of the good ones but yours should be fixable. Worst case conditions, ie: a lot of short hop city driving, you should get at least 25mpg I would think. I do a lot of highway driving, albeit kinda hilly and am getting right at 32mpg now. I have increased my tire pressure to 40 psi and attached a ScanGuageII so I can better watch how my driving habits affect my mileage. Keep us posted on the outcome and I'm hoping it's a good one for you!!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

FYI - For those Hybrid Vues on the east coast - the HOV Lanes on the New Jersey Turnpike are now open to all Hybrid Vues as well as all Hybrid vehicles.

http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/index.htm

Please zip right along.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

Check out my tank details. All noted so you can see the variance. We're hoping the recall will help solve some of the issues but won't be surprised if it doesn't. Bottom line is we have a 15 min start/stop commute in suburbia with some highway going out of town, which doesn't seem to suit the VUE. Usually about 80/20 c/h, we're not lead footed, and we can't get decent performance try as we might.

I plan on recording 2 or 3 more tanks after the recall is done, to see if there's an uptick, then that's it for me as any more is pointless.

An obvious question? Is ECO ON with your VUE (it's set off the trip stalk and is easy to turn off accidentally)? You wouldn't see any hybrid activity if this was the case and you'd just be running as a standard motor.

Quick Reply: What Gas Mileage Are You Getting With Your Vue?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands