Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Government & Taxes (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/government-taxes-57/)
-   -   Anyone else have their rfunds delayed? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/government-taxes-57/anyone-else-have-their-rfunds-delayed-12608/)

kluken 03-11-2007 07:55 AM

Anyone else have their rfunds delayed?

Well my accountant did my taxes over a month ago and he could not file them electroncially until after 2/15 due to the tax credit for my hybrid, then they were supposed to be direct depsosited usually within 2 weeks, well now I get a paper check from the state and feds say will mail paper check next week. I have never had this happen, I can only imagine the tax credit screwed things up witht he IRS, great work IRS!!

ralph_dog 03-11-2007 09:28 AM

Re: Anyone else have their rfunds delayed?

What's a refund?:angel: Haven't had one of those in many years.

clyde2575 03-12-2007 01:56 PM

I got mine within 10 days filing on-line and my refund was received via direct deposit. Is it possible that your accountant made an error?

Good luck.

Seattlemander 03-14-2007 12:50 PM

Same here. We got our refund in about 4 weeks. Filed paper, and direct deposited. We had two credits (my FEH and my wife's Prius).

medicmike 03-15-2007 08:46 PM

I got my refund the first week of March witht he full hybird credit.

rulecaesar 05-11-2007 06:01 PM

Did the 1040 with Turbo Tax, did lose a good chunk (50%) of the $2600 credit for my TCH purchased in Sept 2006, but still had a hefty refund coming due to other credits/itemized deductions. Filed by paper on 4/15 (I have no issue with electronic filing, just have an issue with paying Turbo Tax the fee), direct deposit was in the bank yesterday 5/10. Honestly, I think thats lightening fast for the IRS.

Now NYS is another story - the website where you can check the status of your refund doesn't even show my return as registered yet.

Youngest child finished college in 2006, so not only do I lose a dependent, I lose the college tuition credit NYS gives, which nicely offset the state and city income taxes paid that are itemized deduction on Federal only.

My last few years of refunds are probably over, now its time to carefully examine my tax situation and adjust those withholdings to be sure Uncle Sam & I are even at the end of 2007.

A refund feels like found money, but its really lost money - the gov't isn't paying you interest and has had use of your overpaid taxes from whatever day you reached (paid in) your tax liability until the time you file and get back your overpayment. Had that money been in the bank, it would have been growing.

Wonder how many people took the time to get out their phone bills and detail the long distance tax credit they were entitled to instead of just taking the $60 the IRS offered?

The point is - its your money, how much the gov't gets to keep can vary for many different reasons.