Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Government & Taxes (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/government-taxes-57/)
-   -   Focus Electric (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/government-taxes-57/focus-electric-26687/)

Red 03-10-2011 06:26 AM

Focus Electric

It appears that the 2012 Focus Electric vehicle will be offered in limited markets, through selected dealers AND primarily to fleets. So, if you thought you might want to take advantage of the $7,500 tax credit --- cross your fingers and hope your market is included (and a dealership will order one for you.)

jason.yan 11-10-2011 12:51 AM

Re: Focus Electric

To snag what’s really needed
I have no idea how manyve got annoyed of the mumbling arguments about EV features, I mean the wheelbase, the torque, the tires dimension, the suspension or ….Whatever. I’ve been involved in that feeling anyway.

As an ordinary EV consumer, I mostly pay the high heed to what really influence my practical utility, e.g. the battery capacity, or say the accurate drive range per charge, and the EV inside room capacity. Of course that doesn’t mean the bigger model number, the better to purchase, all depends on your factual demands. IF you have a big family and often make long travels, an five-passenger crossover BYD e6 with a range of 188miles per charge will work; However if you’re just seeking something personally instead of strolling around your community, GM’s 2–wheeled, 2-passenger electric cutie may be the suitable choice.

Many times when I came across discussion issues on too much technical points, I did nothing but let it go. I did not mean to irate anybody, especially tech enthusiasts, but just wanna tell some potential EV purchasers: Do Not Mind if you get it a mess when involved in a tech reference, just follow your visible practice, the best concerns.s

Sparky229 07-04-2012 02:53 PM

As 6-30 I am a proud owner of a focus ev. I ordered it 1-1-12. It was a shock on pick up that is actual travel estimate is 76 miles per charge. We as a leafs sticker say 96-101.
We are waiting till tax time for a rebate on the car 7500 and 30% of cost of the charger is my understanding.

artsygirl 08-09-2012 12:40 AM

If you lower your car 3" then yes, you will need a camber kit in order to save your tires. But, to correct the camber on a drop that extreme, you will end up with the upper control arms hitting the frame when you go over huge bumps. If you can live with that horrible thud, then it's fine. Mine does it and i just live with it. My personal opinion for lowering is to go with H&R Race springs. You wil have a nice drop, about 2.25" and you will not have too many problems.