Government & Taxes Money, credits and more!

Obama Administration Invest in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Obama Administration Invest in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles

President Barack Obama has said he hopes to have one million plug-in electric and hybrids vehicles on the roads by 2015. The U.S. Department of Energy has subsidized Tesla with $465 million in loans to help fund vehicle development under this goal. Tesla’s share prices won 36 percents form last week, jumping to $23.89.
The Obama administration invested billions of government dollars in electric and hybrids-car technology, trying to accelerate the green energy process in United States. President Obama has repeatedly touted the benefits of electric and hybrid vehicles in the last years and he will tour the Smith Electric Vehicle plant in Kansas City on Thursday. His administration has backed a bipartisan proposal in Congress to spend another $6 billion on electric vehicle research and infrastructure.
to read more of this: Invest in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles

Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Obama Administration Invest in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles

hmm is that good or bad im not sure. From one point of view its ofcourse freat becouse there will be more eco transports but on the other hand is it just to give money to certain industries ommiting all othres ??

Old 09-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

One thing's for sure there will be advantages and disadvantages of this action though we still looking forward to the good things it can bring. Well, we cannot see still so we better wait what will be the impact.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

"The U.S. Department of Energy has subsidized Tesla with $465 million in loans"

Well, that $465 million will end up costing our children what, after interest on the debt? Why does the Federal government keep subsidizing things which the free market doesn't support? What's a few million or two between friends? Especially when it isn't their money to begin with?

Take these figures into account:

1,600,000,000 Age of the Earth, approximately in days.
3,000,000,000,000 Days since the big bang theory.
20,000,000,000,000 Dollars of Federal entitlement debt by 2016.
122,000,000,000,000 Unfunded Federal liabilities.
1,087,000 Your portion, in dollars if you're a US citizen.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I wonder why non military Federal agencies such as the department of energy, department of education, social security office etc have purchased millions of rounds of .357 and 9mm hollow point ammunition... enough for 3.4 per citizen? I wonder why America's most in-demand police vehicle is a 10-officer 16,000-pound military grade armored tank?
examiner.com
NBCnews

A possible national economic collapse is cited as a need for these purchases. They are arming up instead of debting down. A 2% reduction in yearly increases sends Washington into a panic. This is not going to ever be fixed.

Home-town police department

So what the heck? A few hundred million here to Telsa, a couple dozen billion there...Just go for it while there's still generations to borrow it from as the opportunity remains.

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 03-04-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 AM

If people want to give charity to these startups let them do crowd funding.

I'm all for electric cars and electric car companies but the problem with subsidizing them is that you don't promote inovation. If a company has to succeed on its own, it will find a way to optimize processes and make a better product. Just dolling money to them makes them not look for ways to make things more efficient and to make the company profitable.

BTW steve, you still have your car? These HCH I's are incredibly great cars. Mine just hit 134K and going strong. This is the best car I have ever owned and it wasn't subsidized.