Government & Taxes Money, credits and more!

Oklahoma & Tax (credit) question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oklahoma & Tax (credit) question

Originally Posted by furblog
WoW! Really? Payoff will start in just about 13-14 years AND NOTING at these near $3/gal prices. Goodluck for a couple of happy times
Yes, but at least it HAS a payback timeframe from gas savings alone, unlike non-Hybrid cars that NEVER will have a payback. Well Ok maybe not never if anyone thinks in 20-40 yrs a car will have valule like a Muscle Car does today, I can't picture any cars rolling of the lots now that will become a Classic; but I'm sure others thought like that in the '60's about all the cars then too...

Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=furblog;180074]WoW! Really? Payoff will start in just about 13-14 years AND NOTING at these near $3/gal prices. Goodluck for a couple of happy times
__________________________________________________ __

For the options I wanted and the price I would have paid for a "regular" car with the same options, style, size, etc... there was virtually no difference in price after the federal and state tax rebates.

Except that now I have a car that is getting 52 mpg average!!

Pay out in 13-14 years, I don't think so,
Gas just $3, you wish (it's almost $4 here),
Good Luck and Happy Times, EVERYDAY!!!!!!!

GOTTA LOVE IT !!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

[quote=okie mom;180201]
Originally Posted by furblog
WoW! Really? Payoff will start in just about 13-14 years AND NOTING at these near $3/gal prices. Goodluck for a couple of happy times
__________________________________________________ __

For the options I wanted and the price I would have paid for a "regular" car with the same options, style, size, etc... there was virtually no difference in price after the federal and state tax rebates.

Except that now I have a car that is getting 52 mpg average!!

Pay out in 13-14 years, I don't think so,
Gas just $3, you wish (it's almost $4 here),
Good Luck and Happy Times, EVERYDAY!!!!!!!

GOTTA LOVE IT !!!!
Ditto, well except mine is 32mpg, and $3 was during tax season, Jan-Feb this year, $3.89 now for 100% vs E10 for $3.77 and gor me yields 10-15% improvement in mpgs!

The only thing is I wasn't in the market for a replacement vehicle at the time I purchased my FEH, it just happened to be I was sick of a 17mpg mini van, just recieved a sum of $$$ and said hey lets blow it on a FEH!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was less than a year away from needing a new vehicle... did my research and decided on an HCH. May have jumped the gun a little, but was able to find one locally with the options, color and nav I wanted...sure am glad now that I did! Haven't looked back...no regrets!!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Hybrid Evangelist

Nita, what did the state give you for a credit, $1500? Or did you file for a higher percentage?

Just how many okies are there on these forums? Maybe we should try to coordinate a OK Hybrid meetup.

Btw, I saw a blue HCHII at the Moore Warren Theater today when I stopped by to get tickets for tomorrow. I looked out across a vast sea of heat rippling off car tops and saw the telltale antennae sticking up in the air.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

I filed for the $1500. Didn't even want to try to figure out the % !!

I see an HCHII every once in a while when I'm in the city but few & far between (even saw an Insight at an Arby's on Rockwell once).

Funny thing last fall...was at an OSU/OU polo expo game and wine tasting near Chandler...saw several Civics and 2 HCHII's (so I guess we like wine, polo &/or college rivalry).

Old 07-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Hybrid Evangelist

I'll probably just go for the $1500 as well. I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of arguing with them for several years!

I see lots of Toyota Prius around here, most of them being driven in a manner that is, shall we say, LESS than fuel efficient.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdarmistead
I'll probably just go for the $1500 as well. I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of arguing with them for several years!

I see lots of Toyota Prius around here, most of them being driven in a manner that is, shall we say, LESS than fuel efficient.

I was discussing (explaining) my HCH to my boss the other day ... when he asked the difference between HCH and Prius, I replied "Prius are like hybrids for dummies, many people buy them for show but never really learn to drive them to their true potential".

Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by okie mom
I was less than a year away from needing a new vehicle... did my research and decided on an HCH. May have jumped the gun a little, but was able to find one locally with the options, color and nav I wanted...sure am glad now that I did! Haven't looked back...no regrets!!
If it isn't too late, check the Honda dealer in Bartlesville (on US 75). They're known nationwide for their great prices & honesty.

Reading all this tax stuff makes me thank the good Lord that I live in a state with no income tax!!

Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Peakoil

YOu guys are great for posting this. It is now clear to me that my 2008 Highlander Hybrid with full EV mode will get the $1500 tax credit here in Oklahoma. The precedent is set which makes it clear that if it can run on electricity only then it qualifies if a road car.

Cannot wait to fill out my taxes on this one.

thanks everyone....

Quick Reply: Oklahoma & Tax (credit) question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands