Government & Taxes Money, credits and more!

Turbo Tax Users

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Turbo Tax Users

Are you using Turbo Tax? Are you able to e-file your return yet, or are you waiting on the 8910? The program seems a bit ambiguous to me as far as the process for claiming the credit (it said it had the form, then didn't have the form, etc), but I'm young and naive regarding tax issues.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Turbo Tax Users

Yesterday, it seemed to have the form. We didn't qualify for any of the credit however, so give it a try and see if it works today.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Hooked on Hybrid

Turbo Tax Online was not even asking about Alt Energy Fuel a few days ago... now last night it went into that section and asked about what model etc. I answered which model and the date of purchase and indicated no business use but I still couldn't efile. It gave a "no form 8910 available till 2/17/2007" message so I guess I'm still having to wait. I was just happy to have passed the AMT rule and will get a full credit!

Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 AM
My Wife's car but my toy!

Taxcut has the form and it looks like I actually get $390 of my expected $3150. Wow a whole 10% of what was expected. At least the car is working as advertised, because the tax credit sure isn't!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LThompson
I answered which model and the date of purchase and indicated no business use but I still couldn't efile. It gave a "no form 8910 available till 2/17/2007" message so I guess I'm still having to wait. I was just happy to have passed the AMT rule and will get a full credit!
I am in the exact same situation, so I guess we're both either doing it right or we're both doing it wrong! Time will tell...

Old 02-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

mg48 - I was using TaxCut Online last night and there was no mention of the Hybrid Credit - I contacted Tech support and they said they were not supporting Form 8910 this year. How were you able to get it to work?

Old 02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

Which version of TurboTax are you guys using - Deluxe or Premium?

I have already purchased the Delixe Edition and have been waiting for the
mid-Feb. date to install on my computer.

Driving a hybrid car: "Priceless"

Ken.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am also using the Deluxe edition and waiting for the mid February update. Turbotax basically stopped me and won't let me continue until that install is completed.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know what advantage the software package adds, but if you do your filing online through their website, the form is now included in the computation.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have TaxCut Premium, which I downloaded from the H&R Block website. Form 8910 is there but the program still says that the final version of the form won't be available until the middle of February. According to the program, I will get the full $1300 credit for my HAH . I think this basically means I didn't have enough other deductions to bump into the AMT limit.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tax Users

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands