Government & Taxes Money, credits and more!

Turbo Tax Users

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Turbo Tax Users

I'm using TurboTax online, and I've been able to get to the Hybrid Vehicle Credit section all week. However when it presents me with a list of cars, there is no Honda Civic Hybrid CVT to be found. There is Honda Civic GX and Honda Civic MT, and of those, the first one seemed to work--giving me the full $4000 credit, but the second one gave an error when I selected the 2007 model year. I submitted a support request via email, but I received a response saying "Due to the need for additional information or clarification, we have determined that your issue is best resolved over the phone." That was on monday, the soonest time slot they had available was on friday. So I'm waiting.

Upon reading other threads in the HCH forum, I presume that I'll need to wait till the 16th for them to update the vehicle list. And, since the GX did give me the whole $4000 credit, I'm holding out hope that I'll get the full credit for my CVT.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Pale Driver

I used TaxACT Online and had no problem getting to the hybrid credit form. However, the AMT reared it's ugly head, but I still managed half the 2100, so I'm not whining too much. I recommend the TaxACT site-I've used it for 3 years with little trouble and they responded very quickly to the questions I did have.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I used FreetaxUSA.com and it is all there and worked great.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

yeah, last week the forms didn't have the HCHII on there, but now they have updated the forms to include the HCHII. i was able to get all the credit. i made sure of it before i purchased the car.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

Has anyone successfully e-filed w/ Turbo Tax? I e-filed today and got a rejection message of Code 0035 w/ no other info, but I suspect it has something to do w/ form 8910.

Just wondering if anyone has filed and their return has been accepted?

Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Have not filed it yet. Awaiting another issue to be resolved before we muddy the waters.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

I've been checking every other day or so, and they updated today so I did get my proper credit and e-filed. I haven't gotten a response yet, so here's hoping it all went well.

Edit -
Ok, I just checked my status and I got a message saying:
"Print and Mail Your Return
There are issues in your return that disqualify you from e-filing your return. You must file this return by mail."

So I guess using 8910 means no e-file.

Last edited by pasttense; 02-11-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast

pasttense,
If you login in to Turbotax do you get the same error# as me (error 0035)?

Also I found some others in the same boat..
http://forums.turbotax.com/intuit/board?board.id=ef06 (see the message titled Error 0035)

Last edited by kahlon; 02-12-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast

kahlon,

No, I don't get an error code. When I check my status I get a message saying:

One or more of your returns have been rejected by the IRS or taxing agencies. This means they have not been filed. Select Fix or Revisit to see errors or review.FederalRejected - Fix Errors
Select Fix to see errors and steps to correct them.

And when I click fix, I get the message I posted above. Where do you see your error #?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast

pasttense,
After I hit Fix error I get a screen that says I need to File by Mail and then there is a Continue button at the bottom of the screen.

After that I get a new screen that says Your Rejects in which the error code 0035 is listed.

BTW - I am using the online version of turbotax.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tax Users

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands