07 NAH wont go to "Off"

Old 05-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default 07 NAH wont go to "Off"

History:
This car had a front end collision / driver air-bag deployed.
Bought it from someone who attempted to repair, good body work but was no hybrid mechanic -- so I have it now.

At this point I'm trying to get the thing to run in some way shape or form. I'll fix the safety stuff once I know it will run.
At first the push button wouldn't do anything, no gear shifting, no nada. I pulled the steering column to find the steering lock was busted. When I say busted, I mean it was cracked and wires where cut. I repaired the wires and re-installed.
Now the push button will go from off to ACC to On (radio/ac blower/etc turn on). However it will not go from On to Off. I half to reset the 12v battery to turn the electronics off.
Of course the car doesn't start - doesn't even attempt to (have no ready light - no big surprise).
I've pulled "on" the SRMB/SRMG relays to get the 250v from the High Voltage system -- still no change.

Also I've tried hooking up an ODBII reader and get link errors all day long (push button off/acc/ even on).

Any ideals -- I know there are probably 5000 possible things to be wrong but I need a direction to look in. By the way I do get brake lights when I press on the brakes.

I'm open to anything. Thanks