Availability

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Needs a New Vehicle
Default Availability

First time poster here. I was wondering if any of you had heard some news about expanding the availability of the NAH outside of the current 8 states? We have an '04 Prius that I've loved to death and are looking to finally replace my old '92 accord. DH wants something larger than a Prius and I'm anti-SUV so the NAH was #1 on my list. However, I'm in the DC-area so NJ is the closest state (and a 3hr drive).

TIA,
Delora

Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Availability

I just saw posted in another forum that PA was being added because they adopted CA standards. Odd. I live in PA and didn't know that.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've seen several here in Arizona and I don't believe we're on "the list" of states to get the cars.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Those in Arizona and their dealers or they themselves bought them from California. I live in PA and expect to take delivery of an Altima from New York. the dealers is 60 miles from me.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not sure about all the border states but looking at some dealer inventories in New Hampshire shows the NAH is available there even though it's not one of the official states. Of course NH is bordered by MA, ME and VT which are all members of the group.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

The Altima is avil in some border states like AZ.

I bought mine from Team Nissan in Oxnard Calf. thats Trip: 1393.7 mi from my house in Okla City.

Cost to tow is here was 700.00 and dealer knocked 2500 off MSRP which was not bad for an 08 leather with no rebate.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Enthusiast

should you be needing NAH, you can have it delivered from an online shopping site, right? i did so when i purchased pulse star plugs for my prius.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast

I too am wanting to buy the NAH. I am a loyal Nissan buyer and am thrilled to learn that they have released the hybrid. However, I am in Ohio which is not one of the states NAH has been released too. If you buy out of state, I'm concerned about repairs if something goes wrong. Has anyone looked into that at your dealerships if you are out of the released states? Also, for those of you who own the NAH how is the vehicle pick up as I'm used to 6-cyl?

Thanks,
Jenny

Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsnapp
I too am wanting to buy the NAH. I am a loyal Nissan buyer and am thrilled to learn that they have released the hybrid. However, I am in Ohio which is not one of the states NAH has been released too. If you buy out of state, I'm concerned about repairs if something goes wrong. Has anyone looked into that at your dealerships if you are out of the released states? Also, for those of you who own the NAH how is the vehicle pick up as I'm used to 6-cyl?

Thanks,
Jenny
The pick up is great. It's one of the things that made me buy it. It feels much closer to a V6 than it does a 4-cyl.

I'm in Phoenix, but they have technicians at 3 Nissan dealerships here that are trained to service the hybrid. I would ask around at some of your area dealerships to see if anyone is going through or has gone through training on the hybrid, or would be willing to train one of their techs if you bought from them.

I would think that the Altima hybrids are going to be available in more states soon given current demand, so more dealers would be starting to get trained for them. Worst case scenario is you would have to have to take it to a dealer in Pennsylvania.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

I'm in Chicago and drove mine back from Boston. The deed of sale indicated that the NAH was available for sale in the 8 states + the border states. There are two interpretations of that (and I'm not sure which is accurate). Either those border-state dealers could order one from the factory and sell it to you, or (the more likely option) the border-state dealers can trade car-for-car with an 8-state dealer and get one to sell to you.

As far as service, ask your local dealer techs if they've gone through the hybrid certification. (recommendation: ask the techs directly - not the sales people who may not be thrilled that you're not interested in any of the cars they can sell you today - some can be less than pleasant*) One dealer near me had techs that were certified, and one didn't.

* Actual sales-dude quote: "...you know, if you're ever in an accident, the battery will blow up!"

Quick Reply: Availability

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands