Clunk in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Clunk in the trunk

I keep hearing a relatively loud clunk coming from either my trunk or my HV battery compartment, especially when cornering.

Sounds like something's loose.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
Eph

Old 07-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Clunk in the trunk

Check that your spare tire is secure. Also check that the jack and other tools in the trunk have not come loose.

-dan

Old 07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ditto. I don't have this problem, but my last car did - and it was the jack rattling around.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. That's not it in my case.
I've got an appointment for Tuesday...

Old 08-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cephraim
I keep hearing a relatively loud clunk coming from either my trunk or my HV battery compartment, especially when cornering.

Sounds like something's loose.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
Eph

Its a Nissan, what did you expect? :-)))

I have all kinds of rattles on mine... I am writing up a list and waiting till 10K miles to get it into service and have them fix all the rattles at ones... They'll prb end up taking a quarter of the interior apart and putting it back together to fix all the rattles in mine.

I do have an odd sound from the battery compartment, which sounds just like metal popping to release stress due to heating up. Kind of like when you turn on your oven, you hear this 'pop'... 'pop' while its warming up.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had a really annoying rattle right off the lot. Before I could schedule an appointment, I found it. It was the interior cover to the sun roof. I ended up placing a small piece of foam back inside the headliner. I think I did a better job than they could have done. It was very difficult to find the source at first, these noises can be very deceiving. I could have sworn it was coming from the trunk initially.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Clunk in the trunk

Anyone ever figure out what the clunk is? I just started having one in my 08 NAH. Took the trunk APART - nothing loose but the aux battery. Tightened up the bracket but that wasn't it. Went underneath and checked all the suspension plus anything else I could see. Nothing. Went into the HV area and checked everything in there - nothing loose.

Basically, when I'm accelerating and slow down/stop, clunk. Accelerate quickly, clunk. Some cornering, clunk. What I have noticed is that when accelerating, immediately/same exact time I apply the brakes, clunk. Also, some bumpy roads that cause the rear to up/down quickly, clunk.

Chances are, I'll figure out. However, I'd rather it not be when the rear falls out All help is very much appreciated!! Bob

Old 04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, they found my problem. It was a loose bolt on some support structure behind the back seats. Took a while to find it, with the back seat out. But, they found it and all has been well for quite a while.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Clunk in the trunk

Thanks for the info - sounds promising. I went into the HV compartment thru the trunk so will remove the back seat.

Whether this fixes it or not, I owe you one for replying - many thanks!! I'll post my results ASAP.
Bob

Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

good luck. keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Clunk in the trunk

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands