Did you install fog lights? HID fog lights?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Did you install fog lights? HID fog lights?

I'm considering having fog lights installed on my 2009 NAH. I already had the regular headlights changed to HID lights.

I want to put HID lights in the fog lights if I get them installed.

I saw only 1 other thread about fog lights for this car, but I didn't get a great deal of answers from it.

So has anyone installed them or had them installed? Do you have pictures/procedure?

Do you know if an HID bulb will fit in the fog light housing? From what I understand, HID bulbs are a bit longer than regular bulbs.

Is the 2009 NAH "wired" for fog lights?

I spoke to Krazy House (the ones that did my headlight install) and they said it's do-able if HID bulb fits in the fog light housing, otherwise it will have to be regular fog lights. I think I've seen regular Altima's with HID fog lights, but who knows if it's an aftermarket kit or not.

Krazy House quoted me roughly $600 for all parts and labor....$180 for the fog light assembly (we found them on Amazon) $150 for the HID kit, and about 2-3 hours of labor (the charge about $90 per hour). They would also install a switch near the trunk release button since they don't have the stalk switch (probably would do it for more $$$)

I spoke to the parts guy at my dealer this morning and he said he doesn't see why the dealer won't install fog lights in my car. he quoted me $430 for the parts (not sure if that included labor). That install would be for regular fog lights, not HID, and it would come with the factory stalk switch for fog lights. I should have asked the service guy if this was possible. I'll probably call them tomorrow.

Any insight about this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Did you install fog lights? HID fog lights?

go to the link in this page...

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...need-help.html

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 PM
NAH Fanatic

Is it possible u can post pics of your HID head lamps. I am thinkin about doin it. What kinda of bulbs/assembly did u get? please give me info. thanks!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Here is the link to my HID install topic....

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...estions-22665/

I don't have projectors so there's quite a bit of scatter. I used the HID kit that the shop had. They offered 1 year free warranty if I used their parts.

6000k slim ballast HID kit, H11 Bulbs. It was all plug and play, but I didn't have the time nor the know how to get under my car and open up the panels to get into the engine.

The manual says we have H1 bulbs but this is wrong. The bulb they removed was physically stamped H11.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Enthusiast

Thats way too much for the HID kit.
IMO the best kit and bang for your buck is to go with the DDM Tuning 3000K kit for $30! These have lifetime warranty!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85

I have these on my FEH (3000k kit for fog lights as yellow doesn't glare as much, and 4500k for headlights as I dont want to get pulled over for blue lights).
Both sets have gone 20,000k+ miles always on without a problem. BTW I have the slimline ballast kit for the headlights on my FEH due to tighter mounting areas under the hood. They're $10 more...

My friends and I use these kits on every car/truck we own and couldn't be happier. I really don't understand how other companies sell kits that do the same thing for $100+. They're just as bright, just as durable, and are plug and play. Also, if you're told that these kits will flicker, its not true, mine work perfect.

Don't switch your brights to HID kits though or you'll lose your flash to pass function. I use Silverstar bulbs for the brights.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

finally got the fog lights installed....im pretty sure i paid a bit to much but for my next car I'll know better.

I bought the fog lights from the dealer ($180) since they said they would be able to install them (not true, after 2 hours they had to call Nissan and found out the car isn't wired for fog lights and the dealer won't wire it). I think Amazon has them for a bit cheaper.

*Note, the mount that came with my fog lights from the DEALER is to BIG to be used as the mount behind the bumper (their mount was too wide and screw holes didn't line up). My install guy got creative and used the existing fog light cap covers and he cut out the center of the cap, the fog light assembly fit perfectly into that and that mount is the right size to be attached to the inside of the bumper.

So I went to BestBuy where I had my remote start put in and got them installed for $200. He created the pigtails and wired it and installed an on off switch next to the trunk release button.

Thanks for the link String, I bought the HID kit from DDM for $50 and they look great. At night if I flick the fogs on and off there is a definite difference.

The way I had it installed also gives me the option to have just headlight on (all cars are like this) or I can have just fogs on (factory switches require you to have headlights on for fogs to turn on) I just have to turn the headlight switch to parking lights and I can turn on my fog lights and parking lights only (as well as tail lights)

I'll take pictures one of these days and post them up here.

Last edited by 09altimahybrid; 07-26-2010 at 06:42 PM.