eCVT Trans Fluid Change actually makes a difference!`

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default eCVT Trans Fluid Change actually makes a difference!`

I really thought i could be just psychosomatic, but this week I finally had my Transmission fluid changed out. We ran into some issues as my tech had not worked on this transmission before and All-Data's online service manual source actually did NOT have the diagrams for the NAH eCVT and so he trudged into the waiting room and apologized that he could not do what should be a straightforward fluid replacement b/c he did not have the proper diagrams.

I ran home and searched for my factory service manual, something i try to get for every car I have had since I like to work on stuff if i can or at least know what the techs are doing. Luckily, I filed it away in the right place and so I emailed my tech, a savvy and professional businessman, with teh info, then called him. He verified the diagrams and called me to reset up my appt... immediately. Less than an hour later, I was there, done and back.

Fast forward to this weekend when I finally had to drive the car a long distance. It was noticeably smoother on shifts and was almost purring! I had actually forgotten about teh service and was just thinking that it was strange that I had not changed the oil or anything... an then a-HA! Must be the trans fluid change.

Anyone else have that experience? Of course i waited until 90+k to change it, so perhaps it was a bit long and so the difference was noticeable... Anyhow, just sharing good news and positive vibes.

Cheers!