extended warranty worth the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: extended warranty worth the cost?

That's a pretty good deal.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have a problem with buying any kind of extended warranty. If a manufacture really wants to stand behind its product, they will fix it. If you are grossly over the warranty threshold, then you should just pay for the parts and labor, you may find that it is well worth it in the long run. Also, if you do develop an issue after 7 years, why wouldn't you look for a new model?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Word of caution

I've been trying to cancel my extended warranty through my selling dealership since late June 09 and I have been unsuccessful. The finance dir told me there is a paperwork delay and not to worry about a full refund. That was two weeks ago and before that he didn't even start the paperwork the second week of July 98. I sent a letter to the service contract issues explaining the situation and hoping that I will get my full refund without having to have the gov't mediate the situation or intervene through enforcement. Or worse, small claims court.

I am cutting them some slack because cash for clunkers is probably taking up their time but I don't think it's too hard to cancel my contract and submit it to the warranty company.

edit: I received a call today saying the check will arrive tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I sure hope so.

edit: Received it and cashed it. I am glad it's settled.

Last edited by mean-boy; 08-21-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

MBI / extended warranty policies are just for peace of mind for those who don't entirely trust the manufacturer and their quality, and sadly i do have some doubts about Nissan's quality after owning only Honda products for the past... wow, twenty years. Had almost no issues with my honda products but Nissan has had some issues in the past and is not built like a Honda so I am personally considering a MIB for my newly bought 2nd hand 2007 NAH. I figure I saved on the depreciation and that can go towards buying me more peace of mind.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

MBI is very cheap compared a to full extended service contract. I do wonder if they cover the same components.