forgot to turn off NAH

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default forgot to turn off NAH

Hi All,

I've forgotten to turn off the NAH 3 times now. I'm still adjusting to the fact that the engine is off when I park the car. I've forgotten to turn off the car and have just walked away from the car.

This has happened 3 times now. So, question is, what happens to the car, does it turn itself off, does the engine come on to re-charge the battery, etc, etc?

Thanks,
-Prime

Old 11-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: forgot to turn off NAH

Can't answer w/absolutely certainty for the NAH but if it's the same behavior as Toyota HSD hybrids then it should go through a cycle of having the HV battery running down, causing the ICE to turn on to charge it, HV battery running down again, etc.

You'll basically have wasted a bunch of gas.

It's too bad the warning beeps from the NAH of closing the door w/the power still are on so soft compared to my Prius. It's harder to do you what you did w/my Prius w/the louder beeps.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I'm making a more conscious effort to make sure I shutdown the engine now.

I was worried I may have screwed something up w/ the engine or the battery, but overall, I think it's OK

Thanks,
-Prime

Old 11-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Heh, I've seen a # of people on Priuschat make the mistake of leaving their Prius running. Again, that's a bit surprising to me given the loudness of its warnings.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

+1, you just wasted gas

Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by primemover_nah
Hi All,

I've forgotten to turn off the NAH 3 times now. I'm still adjusting to the fact that the engine is off when I park the car. I've forgotten to turn off the car and have just walked away from the car.

This has happened 3 times now. So, question is, what happens to the car, does it turn itself off, does the engine come on to re-charge the battery, etc, etc?

Thanks,
-Prime
See my post here about our experience leaving the car on at the airport with headlights in Auto mode for several days:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...erience-15186/

Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast

Seems like those that leave the engines on are also driving w/o any music? You would definitely know after you've turned off the engine because the music also goes silent.

Dont mean to threadjack but is there a way to turn the engine off without shutting off electrical functions such as radio and bluetooth. For example, there's been times that I arrive at my parking but either want to continue listening to the radio or need to continue the bluetooth conversation so I just leave the car running because I cant figure out how to "semi-turn off" the engine like the traditional gas vehicles.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Turn the car off and then take your foot off the brake and press the button again. It will go into ACC mode and you can use the features.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

^ i think he probably knows that, I beleive what he is asking is how to get to ACC mode without shutting down everything like you would with an actual key. been in the position of needing to keep the radio on for my son as he started to fall asleep as we arrived but not wanting to shut off completely and waking him with that abrupt shut off.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yu888
^ i think he probably knows that, I beleive what he is asking is how to get to ACC mode without shutting down everything like you would with an actual key. been in the position of needing to keep the radio on for my son as he started to fall asleep as we arrived but not wanting to shut off completely and waking him with that abrupt shut off.
accidentally found the solution a couple of days ago ... if you push the power button twice it will turn off the engine and puts the vehicle in ACC mode

Quick Reply: forgot to turn off NAH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands