Help! Altima Hybrid wont start....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Help! Altima Hybrid wont start....

I have a 2009 NAH. I was driving with my son and all of a sudden the gas pedal started rattling badly. When I took my foot off it stopped but started again everytime I depressed it. Then the Hybrid System warning light came on and I wasnt able to accelerate the car. It would move but it wouldnt accelerate. I came to a stop light and when it turned green my car wouldnt move period. I was able to use the brakes to crawl to the side. The Ready light turned off and the ABS, BRAKE, SLIP, VDC, Hybrid System Warning light and PS lights all come on and the car wont start and the ready light wont come on. I changed the 12v battery and it looked like it was working again and it just did the same thing, cant accelerate and shuts off and wont turn on. The Hybrid battery needle went from half way straight down to zero. I had to have it towed to the dealership but they told me that they wont be able to check it until at least monday. I've been reading about a Brake switch failure but I dont think this applies to my situation. The car goes into ACC and ON mode but wont turn on and the ready light doesnt come on at all and all those other lights came on. I checked it with the ODB reader and it give a C0100 code 2 times. Please, if someone here can help me I'm scared my car is dead and I dont know what to do.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Help! Altima Hybrid wont start....

I just had the exact same thing happen to my 2009 NAH, and it's still at the dealer being diagnosed. What turned out to be the problem with yours? Any advice? Thanks!

Old 10-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yikes,

so after i had a replacement refurbished battery installed a month and a half ago, my car showed HEV warning lights in the way to work and the READY light went out, meaning i was again driving on ICE only. When i got the the office, i disconnected the orange service plug, and the ground for the 12v battery to try and reset the ECU but after reconnecting the 12v and the orange plug, i was getting the error lights as described above.
As my battery was under warranty, I waited for my tech to have time and in the meantime my car sat. This morning I went with him to check the car and the first thing he said to me was I forgot to re-engage the orange service connect switch all the way. DOH! I totally forgot to slide the lever back down after snapping it shut so the HEV battery wasnt even engaged. :/ simple problem, my fault.
But since the unit had shown an error right before all of this, the tech replaced the battery under warranty and my car seems happy now.

The take away was to remember to latch then slide the orange lever on the Service Disconnect Plug when re-engaging. Hopefully admitting my stupidity here will help someone else avoid this issue.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

What turned out to be the problem was 4 engine coils went bad and needed to be replaced. $1100 later and the car runs brand new...ugh.