Just purchased 2011 NAH - convince me I didn't make a mistake please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Just purchased 2011 NAH - convince me I didn't make a mistake please!

After months of research and test drives of various cars (from the Prius to Volvos to Lexus to Honda to VWs), I settled on a 2011 NAH. It will be delivered this week - and I could probably still back out of the deal. After reading this forum, I'm a bit nervous: Brake failures; vibrations at high speeds; ignorant mechanics; etc.?

I bought the loaded ($34,950 MSRP) version for $28,036 plus tax and including Nissan rebates ($4000). (Silver with charcoal for those who care.) I needed the car delivered to Connecticut from Maryland -- so, my price includes flatbed delivery, too. Therefore, before Nissan rebates, I paid about $300 below invoice (and the $400ish delivery value is included). My sense is that I did pretty well with the negotiation - leaving not much money on the table.

A dealer tried to talk me into a gas version - but, when he crunched the numbers in front of me, he was embarrassed after he discovered (what I already knew) that with the $4000 rebates for the hybrid ($1250 rebate for the gas version) -- plus the $2350 tax credit -- it was actually cheaper to buy the hybrid -- and a total no brainer when adding in the fuel economy.

Still, I'm worried. Do you all like your NAHs? Am I seeing a lot of problems here because this board is designed for problem solving?

Please calm my nerves!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:23 PM
hlv
Enthusiast
Default Re: Just purchased 2011 NAH - convince me I didn't make a mistake please!

My wife and I happy with our 2010 NAH purchase after 7 months. We found it much more for fun to drive than the other hybrids we had tried (Civic, Prius, Camry, Fusion) and with the dealer incentives and tax credit the price couldn't be beat. With 600-700 miles per tankful, you'll be saving on fuel costs and reducing emissions. I can't speak to long-term reliability, but Consumer Reports expects the 2011 NAH to be 31% more reliable than average. That's probably a more objective measure than sampling posts to a forum, which as you note, are often made to share and solve problems.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just purchased 2011 NAH - convince me I didn't make a mistake please!

People tend to post only when they have questions, issues and doubts. Buyer's remorse is also normal. SO relax. Your reacion is normal, but the car is far better than that. Despite the minimal marketing of the hybrid Altima, it is pretty darned reliable. Th edealer service centers, I am not as glowing about, especially since in many areas they rarely or even never see these NAH's. But outside of a few differences you will barely notice that you are driving a superior car.

I picked up mine second hand with 24k miles about and have put more than that on top of it in less than 2 years. I commute 100 miles+ a day. We have made road trips long and short, my wife drives it too sometimes, and we have found no issues worth reporting. Mypet peeves about it have been 1) mediocre OEM tires (i think changed for 2010 and beyond...thouh the OEM Conti Pro Contacts worked fine and as LRR tires go, did its job, I prefer more performamce out of them EVEN at the cost of some mileage. 2) Flatter rear seat back, though it does not seem to bother my wife nor my son, nor any passengers i have had, so perhaps i m just picky. 3) my model did not come with folding mirrors which when parking in crowded lots as I do when i commute, its an absolute necessity (I fixed that and will post my experience) 4) mediocre sound from stereo that attribute to the OEM speakers, probably can take care of that pretty easy when I have time too.

I DO like: The great mileage as a full sized car that I get 30 on the low end if I really work it, and around 34-35 when I am mellow. The overall look is still great, though your newer front fascia is far nice and more luxurious in my opinion than the first generation. Quiet ride (except when engine is cold) is quite nice. Ample power when needed. Smooth and safe.

Overall I still recommend the car. Enjoy and congrats on your new NAH!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have an 07 NAH and only have praise for it. I can get some amazing mileage out of it by being conservative in my driving. Basically have only needed to do oil changes and other normal maintenance. I just put a set of Michelin tires on and my mileage might have gone down slightly, but am uncertain of that yet.