MPG on my 2009 NAH

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default MPG on my 2009 NAH

I completed almost 2K miles since I bought the car a month ago, and have averaged 40.4 MPG and 650+ total miles. I did not want to push it to 700 miles Actual calculation came out @ 38.312 MPG! This is mostly combined hwy and city driving. I'll be driving this car from NorCal to SoCal for Thanksgiving holiday, then maybe Vegas! I'll post the MPG for these trips as well.

The Car has been fun to drive!! And I'm not a hypermiller junkie! This car is an EXCELLENT compromise of sports car performance and green technology! I also tested 0-60 a few times and have averaged 7.2 seconds.

-Prime

Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MPG on my 2009 NAH

cool, the computer is a bit off though. 700 miles is easily doable....only in the summer over here in new england though.

glad you're happy with your car

Old 11-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think my results are lower than yours but it may have to do with living on a hill so every trip requires an uphill run back...sigh. nonetheless, my last few tanks have been in the low 600's and mileage has been around 34-35 by computer but 31-33 by hand calculation. So be happy with the results! I am as its far better than my 21mpg from mt previous TL. I , too, am loving driving this car even as it has moderated the way i drive. prbably driving safer, except i keep looking at that ****ed mileage indicator!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by langjie
cool, the computer is a bit off though. 700 miles is easily doable....only in the summer over here in new england though.

glad you're happy with your car
Yeah on my current tank, i'm going to try to push to 700 miles range. If it runs out, then it's time to make use of the AAA Premium membership!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yu888
I think my results are lower than yours but it may have to do with living on a hill so every trip requires an uphill run back...sigh. nonetheless, my last few tanks have been in the low 600's and mileage has been around 34-35 by computer but 31-33 by hand calculation. So be happy with the results! I am as its far better than my 21mpg from mt previous TL. I , too, am loving driving this car even as it has moderated the way i drive. prbably driving safer, except i keep looking at that ****ed mileage indicator!
It too me a while to get used to having my eye on the mileage indicator, but now I'm used to driving it that I know when I'm EV, Coasting, and where I'm @ in the mileage indicator.

I drive 60 miles a day just from my door to the office each day. I live in the Bay Area and I travel from Dublin to San Jose. So alot of freeway, and also city driving.

I hope my mpg does not degrate as the car gets older! Right now I'm trying to control myself from not "flooring" this too much. The torque on this car is pretty awesome (hybrid or no-hybrid).

Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by primemover_nah
Yeah on my current tank, i'm going to try to push to 700 miles range. If it runs out, then it's time to make use of the AAA Premium membership!
did you make it to 700 miles? just to tell you, when the warning light first comes on, you have about 3.8 gallons left. you aren't fully empty until the needle is right under the bottom tick mark

Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Geez, I can barely get over the 600 mark with the hill driving i need to do to get home. Sigh. Got paranoid this past tank and decided to fill up today at just shy of 600 but then only needed 15.6 gallons...drat! But oh, the computer mileage was actually lower than actual for a change

Old 11-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,

Wanted to provide a quick update. Drove from S.F./Bay Area to San Diego (basically from Nor Cal to So Cal). :-)

Average from the computer is 38.8 MPG. I still have 1/4 left in the tank.

Will try to push this up to 700 miles and provide another update.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

I'm amazed at the effect tire pressure can have on economy. I have the 17" 3.5SE rims. Tires were at 30psi, bumped it up to 35. Drove about 90 miles mostly highway or suburbs with some stop and go mixed in. Amazingly I'm getting 30mpg now. Before that I was stuck around 25 and no matter how much light acceleration and pulsing / gliding I did it wouldn't go any higher.

Having less remorse now for getting the 2.5 over the 3.5. My Maxima which probably had slightly low tire pressure would only get around 20-21mpg. Combined with the need to give it premium for it to run right that was a huge sum of money on just gas. fwiw I have 26k on my 08 now, added a 65lb sub in the trunk, the sportier rims, spoiler, front strut bar, rear sway bar. My tires will probably be done after this winter, set is originally from an 07 model. Are LRR worth it, if so what brand would you recommend?

Last edited by realmac; 11-26-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by primemover_nah
Hi,

Wanted to provide a quick update. Drove from S.F./Bay Area to San Diego (basically from Nor Cal to So Cal). :-)

Average from the computer is 38.8 MPG. I still have 1/4 left in the tank.

Will try to push this up to 700 miles and provide another update.
I hate you! heh heh

Actually, congrats and thats great! I realised after i filled up i probably had another 130+ miles left which would have bumped me not only easily over 600, but just over 700 had i continued to drive the same way! So seems if no hills were in the picture...

Quick Reply: MPG on my 2009 NAH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands