No regen braking

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No regen braking

Originally Posted by TheSpoils
I have not seen any solar powered heaters. And I agree with your line of thought, batteries prefer warm temps as opposed to cold temps. From my years of experience, all my past jump starts occurred in the winter. As a side note on the regen issue, when my regen stops working because of too much heat, I turn the ac on (without recirculate) and point the two center air outlets directly up and straight back. The regen begins to function properly withing 5 minutes.
seems like good advice, i've always had recirc on when I tried doing that. do you see a significant difference?

Old 09-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Insipid Enthusiast

As far a comfort level, I do not see a significant difference. I only use recirculate when I first get in the car when it is extremely hot. After 5-10 minutes I will take recirculate off and turn on the auto mode. I no longer use recirculate while driving (summer or winter) for that reason alone.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Enthusiast

I too have had this issue... It has helped to open the little hatch inside the center rear armrest...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victore1123
I too have had this issue... It has helped to open the little hatch inside the center rear armrest...
good to know, thanks for that tip!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks all for the replies - at least it doesn't sound like I'm alone with this problem.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does anyone have experience of no regen charging when it is NOT hot out? Mine seemed to work great as I got home after running farther up the hill to roll back down a bit to get a good charge before stopping but then when i headed out an hour later, no regen from braking AND it seemed to get into ICE mode much too easily. I could turn off the car and return it on and the charging would work for a short burst then it would be zero at the next braking. I started braking softer, thinking perhaps something was up with my brakes as I do hear some squeeling as i brake recent days, but unsure that its related. Anyone? thanks in advance and sorry to the OP for the sidetrack but I am hoping it is related.