Same oil FILTER, right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast
Question Same oil FILTER, right?

hey there - I'm aware of the 0W20 recommendation, but what about the FILTER? A guy at the place I bought mine (not having it serviced there) mentioned a different filter than what's used on the conventional Altima. True?

I looked in the manual, and it looks like it's the regular filter. I have my first change coming up and wanted to be sure.

Thanks, guys!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Same oil FILTER, right?

I just bought 2 oil filters from my Nissan dealer today. When he brought up the filters, they looked identical to what I use on my Murano. When I asked him if they were the same, he said that they were. Almost all of the modern Nissans and Infinitis use the same filter per the parts guy. Good news for those of us that have more than one relatively modern Nissan vehicle.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rtking
I just bought 2 oil filters from my Nissan dealer today. When he brought up the filters, they looked identical to what I use on my Murano. When I asked him if they were the same, he said that they were. Almost all of the modern Nissans and Infinitis use the same filter per the parts guy. Good news for those of us that have more than one relatively modern Nissan vehicle.
that IS nice (and convenient). thanks for confirming!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

there are 2 different oil filters. they are essentially the same, the one recommended for the 08's and on are a tiny bit smaller and I think when I got my 07 NAH oil change, they put on the new recommended filter

Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Enthusiast

They are the same...I've been using the Mobil 1 oil/filter for my last two oil changes...

Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have also been trying Fram filters. I use the TG6607. There are 3 different versions of the 6607. If you use the Fram filters, make sure you get the Tough Guard version, as it has the anti-drain valve which keeps oil in the filter when the engine is off. I also use full synthetic oil.