Side Mirror Upgrade to Folding Heated ones

Old 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Side Mirror Upgrade to Folding Heated ones

Well I found it silly taht my 07 NAH did not come with folding mirrors. Heck, I have had manually folding mirros on pretty much every car I have had and now that I work downtown and park in tight lots, that foldability is a must to even get into my car.

I had looked into OEM replacments but at several hundred bucks, it stayed off my list of immediate buys. But in the past month, aftermarket OEM-styled replacements showed up on Amazon and so I opted to try them out. For $180 ish shipped, I received a pair of glss black (paintable) folding side mirrors with defrost and side marker lights. Came professionally packaged and easy to install.

Took me about ah hour to remove my door panel to get to the mirror panel and then swap out the mirrors on both doors, doing one at a time. I checked to make sure the wire for the electronics were in fact 7-wire, as some 2007 models seemed to come with only 3 wires leaving the upgrade wiring out.

I got lazy and didnt paint my mirrors, but things work great and given weather recently, the defrost has already been great help.

Anyhow, just a quick update as I remember discussing the lack of folding mirrors with someone else so i was not the only one concerned about this. At less than $200 and an hour of time, it was an easy upgrade.

Cheers.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Side Mirror Upgrade to Folding Heated ones

and so somehow you assume us NAH owners will also have a truck that may need that mirror youa re selling?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

found this web site selling the heated, foldable, with signal light version of mirror for $94 each.
http://www.discountautomirrors.com/c...29&Ns=price3|0
2007-2011 Nissan Altima
2007: SE; 6Cyl 3.5L;
2007: SL; 6Cyl 3.5L;
2007: Hybrid; 4Cyl 2.5L;
2007: Base; 4Cyl 2.5L;
2007: S; 4Cyl 2.5L;

Old 09-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

These are the same as what I bought...only it seems the price on them has incresed since I got mine. Nonetheless, I have been using them quite awhile now and they have been great. They were easy to install and look great.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

Hi yu888,

I have a 2007 NAH base model, if I bought the above mirrors and connect them up, the heated function and the signal light would work with out any modification?

Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

While I am uncertain it will work on ALL NAH models, one wayto check is to see if the wiring is there in the door. Pull the driver door panel off and then the mirror corner triangle. Behind that is a plug. See if it is a 7-wire plub with 7 wires leading to it. If so, it is more than likely, the car will recognize the functions when they get plugged in.

But again, it worked on mine,( and many other base model Altimas according to other forum sites) but one never knows until a specific car is tried so... best of luck.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Finally I found the time to install the heated, with signal side mirrors today on my 2007 super black NAH. The car was pre-wired make it easy to install. However I still had to remove arm rest (yanked it off) to remove two 10mm bolts, and 1 screw (behind the inside door handle) to loosen the door panel to make room to remove/install the mirror (three 10mm bolts). Since my car is black I do not see the reason to paint the new mirrors.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah the black even on my grey car is not a big deal. As for the removal, yes, the arm rest cover needs to come off to remove those bolts underneath. BUT I watched a pro do work on my door last week and they didnt even remove the whole door to get that mirror triangle off. They just lifted the door panel on the front side out of the hooks in front and then pulled that triangle off. It would have been enough to remove/ install a mirror. ANyhow, saves a limited amount of time but either way, end result is so long as the mirros are on, work and look good, that is what counts! And mine work great too.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast

My new heated with signal side mirror (driver side) seems to vibrate at high speed, just the mirror, not the mirror housing, the passenger side is OK.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Vibrations? less than my inside rear view on mine...perhaps you have a defect? Mine does not have that issue.