Snow chain use will void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Snow chain use will void warranty?

I am going to drive Tahoe area and may meet snow there, The dealer warned me using snow chain could void the warranty. So what I can use if there is a snow, icy area?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Snow chain use will void warranty?

Sounds bogus to me. Download the owner's manual and warranty booklet for your NAH from http://www.nissantechinfo.com/find.aspx and search for the word chain.

I looked at the one for the 07 NAH (my mom has one) and found nothing other than some clauses about damage cause by tires chains (duh) or irregular wear to tires caused by them. There's even discussion in the manual about installing them.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Red

Certainly, if the chains cause damage to the sheet metal, suspension components, brakes, etc. it would not be covered by warranty Sometimes a loose set of links can do damage as it flailes around at highway speeds.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Red
Certainly, if the chains cause damage to the sheet metal, suspension components, brakes, etc. it would not be covered by warranty Sometimes a loose set of links can do damage as it flailes around at highway speeds.
I should've clarified. Regarding the above, yes, duh. But that's true of a lot more than just chains and isn't Nissan specific.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Red

Yes, duh, but don't you think that is what the dealer was saying? "Don't expect us to warrant anything that is damaged by the chains." Yep - true for all makes.