Thinking about a FAQ ... any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Engineering first
Wink Thinking about a FAQ ... any suggestions

WELCOME!

I'd like to suggest a 'stream of consciousness' thread to gather 'things for the FAQ.' For example, tricky options; where to get technical maintenance manuals; where are things located for maintenance (oil filter, drain, e.t.c.); especially helpful web links.

Eventually, you'll have enough that some helpful Altima owner may volunteer to organize a FAQ and you'll have a ready set of facts and data to make the job a lot easier.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Thinking about a FAQ ... any suggestions

I'll try to come up with suggestions. Right now my challenge will be to just read the owner's manual.

Do you know... is there a feature that tells us how much milleage per gallon we are getting? Or do we just have to average tanks?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marianne
Do you know... is there a feature that tells us how much milleage per gallon we are getting? Or do we just have to average tanks?
Hi Marianne,
I think you said in another thread that you watch the MPG bar when you're driving. If you push the display button to the left of the steering wheel, it cycles through different options, and the one right after the instantaneous MPG display bar shows avg MPG and MPH since last re-set. Subsequent options show estimated remaining fuel range, outside air temperature, maybe something else, can't remember. If you really read the manual (I found it pretty unreadable) you can get the right names for all these.

I'm still on my first tank and it had 180 miles driven delivering the car to me, and they only got 29 and change. I re-set the average, got 41.5 driving around town the first morning averaging about 17 mph, re-set it before doing a longer trip that night (including some highway), and have gotten 36.2 since the reset over about 250 miles of mixed city/highway.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

Hello all,

Purchased mine yesterday, not getting it til next week. Tech package in the northeast is very tough to come by. I have been reading all I can about the car. It seems we all agree that it is much nicer then the Camry. considering we are using their technology, I don't know why the altima rides smoother and quieter. I will keep you up to date when it arrives.

thanx
Lights

Old 04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast
Red face Re: Thinking about a FAQ ... any suggestions

Originally Posted by Lights
Tech package in the northeast is very tough to come by.
I'd love to see some information in the FAQ about the Intelligent Key System, the NavTraffic real-time download from XM in the console nav, and information/experiences with the Bluetooth. Lots of people will be wanting to know if their personal phones sync up with little or no problems.

If I happen to swing an Altima Hybrid over the normal SL model, I'd be happy to contribute as well.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew Ruess
If I happen to swing an Altima Hybrid over the normal SL model, I'd be happy to contribute as well.
My advice to you here is negotiate negotiate negotiate. We got our Altima hybrid for 24k. This was the base Altima hybrid + the $1,300 convenience package... and the dealer agreed to drop the desination charge. We had to pay tax and license on top of the 24k. This is way under MSRP... and under invoice.

The dealer told us ours was only one of five Altima hybrids he'd been able to sell. Everyone wants to get the Camry hybrid... and the Altima hybrids are not selling. So the dealers are more than willing to cut the prices.

I have a hunch the Altima hybrids will pick up steam as more start showing up around town. It is absolutley the best looking hybrid, and it drives better than any of the other hybrids we tried.

We are on 211 miles now, and we are still slightly above the 3/4 tank mark, but I don't know how accurate the tank mark indictor is. This has almost all been city driving, but on Wednesday I'll be driving to Las Vegas from LA... so we should get an idea of highway mileage then.

The keyless entry/ignition is WONDERFUL. We've never had a car that had that before, and I didn't even know that you could push the button on the door to get in. We were out to dinner with some friends Saturday night, and one friend had the feature on her car. She showed us that you can get in and out without fumbling for your key. I know this is a dumb little feature and it has nothing to do with hybrids, but boy is it a nice thing to have.

Last edited by Marianne; 04-09-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

As an aside, to those who are new to the hybrid technology, until a vehicle specific FAQ gets written, you may want to check out the FAQs/Mileage tips that have been written for other Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD) vehicles, which use a similar drive system to your NAH. (All Toyota hybrids and the Ford Escape Hybrid)

If nothing else, it should serve as a good starting point, and give you something to think about and perhaps some tips to try as well to get the most out of your vehicle, should you feel so inclined.

Enjoy your vehicle, enjoy your mileage, and welcome to GH to our newest hybrid owners!