XM Radio Renewal

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default XM Radio Renewal

Hi All:
After three months of owning my NAH I received a letter indicating that the three month trial period is about to end. I just wanted to know if anyone has renewed theirs and if the price was negotiable. I seem to recall a similar thread where someone idicated that they could "negotiate' for a lesser price than advertised.
I was also disappointed that they "segmented" the packages into two options. Basic radio service and radio service plus NAV Traffic. A bit of a ripoff in my opinion, but I'm not sure of other cost-effective options. The NAV Traffic has proved helpful on more than one occassion.
Thanks for any input or help.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Radio Renewal

Originally Posted by hybridwill
Hi All:
After three months of owning my NAH I received a letter indicating that the three month trial period is about to end. I just wanted to know if anyone has renewed theirs and if the price was negotiable. I seem to recall a similar thread where someone idicated that they could "negotiate' for a lesser price than advertised.
I was also disappointed that they "segmented" the packages into two options. Basic radio service and radio service plus NAV Traffic. A bit of a ripoff in my opinion, but I'm not sure of other cost-effective options. The NAV Traffic has proved helpful on more than one occassion.
Thanks for any input or help.

What offer are you being quoted? As for negotiation, as far as I know everything in this country is negotiable if you have the patience and will to seek a lower price :-)

Personally I liked the idea of xm, but 2 years ago when the subscription was around $20 a month, I figured that spending that amount on buying songs from Itunes was worth it more since I can make a brand new CD every month with all the latest hits I like... Never since have I cared about XM.

As for the traffic thing, I am not aware of any alternatives so if you really want that you'll prb just have to end up paying for it >__<.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Radio Renewal

I just renewed mine. The deal I got was that they extended my free subscription for 3 months and then I asked for $77 for the next year starting at the end of May. My car went into service on November 30 ,2007. There was no questions asked except do you want us to bill you or pay with a credit card. So my free sub went from November 39 to May 30 and they don't bill my credit card until the free one is over. Hope that helps.