2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Old 04-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Hello all! I have three codes that are popping up and they are:
C1253 - ABS Pump Motor Relay
C1256 - ABS Accumulator low pressure
P0A80 - Replace Hybrid battery

My car has 161,000+miles on it and it drives great. I had the Hybrid System Service light come on along with maintenance required and the VSC system service. The latter two were taken care of by resetting my car after an oil change. The three codes aforementioned above did not go away however. I have read many threads that mentioned that their hybrid battery level is low with the P0A80 code on. The strange thing is that my battery is reading at level 6 (per owner's manual). It has not changed in the three days I have driven my car in this condition. The battery does not show that it is charging on the display screen and the display screen also does not show that the gas engine is sending power to the traction motor. I have also read that one cannot drive the Camry in this condition as the gasoline engine is not powerful enough alone to do so. Well I drive 100 miles a day to and from work and I have had no issues; no stalling, deceleration, sputtering, etc. Another strange thing is that after the codes have come on, my cruise control has been disabled. Any ideas?

Old 04-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

The first two codes will be either the brake actuator assembly or the skid control ECU (odds are the brake actuator) the later code could be either your battery smart unit or the battery pack itself.

There is an extended warranty on the brake actuator but it goes to 10 years or 150,000 miles, which ever comes first. You are out of luck with that buy might be able to get Toyota to help some with the cost.

You can find a pack that has been rebuilt with new cells for that issue or a used battery smart unit if that is bad.

You have hit two of the worst codes on that car in your situation. If the car is in great shape, you could justify the cost of repair.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Enthusiast

Update!!!!
Okay so I disconnected the 12 volt battery and re-connected it. This was last week on Friday (04/03/15) afternoon. Car ran fine, the traction motor was charging the battery. It ran all weekend great, but this morning (04/06/15) on my way to work the Hybrid System and check engine light came on. Traction motor was not charging my battery and my hybrid battery was almost dead. I disconnected my 12 volt again and re-connected it. Drove to work and everything was working as should be and no check engine light. I am leaning towards the issue being the traction motor or the actuator. I am hoping that it is the brake actuator since this was replaced last fall and it is still under warranty. Do any of you agree or have other theories?

Old 04-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

When you disconnect the battery, it will re-set the codes for the traction battery. It takes two driving cycles to set that code so no, you haven't fixed anything. There is a checklist procedure to find out what is going on with your battery. Get someone familiar with a Toyota hybrid that has the proper tools to check the pack voltages between the modules per the checklist.

You seem to have multiple issues that might have a common source but guessing and pulling the battery cable off will not fix it. This is like getting on the net and asking a surgeon to describe how to replace a heart valve over the phone.....

Find someone that can check out your vehicle with a good bidirectional scanner and tell you what Is wrong with it.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Enthusiast

This seems like an interesting thread. new Member first study permit

Old 04-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

Update Part Deux:
So I took the battery unit apart, checked all batteries with a voltage meter and all cells read 8 volts. I also cleaned all of the copper connectors along with the nuts and posts as they were corroded and applied dielectric grease and put back together. I tested the cells again and they read 8 volts. The voltage per cell is on par with what is considered operable/good. I drove car for 10 minutes and the same messages appear. I have found a reliable non-dealer that repairs and refurbishes batteries for 1/3 of the cost of a new battery plus a 1-2 year warranty on the battery. I think I will go with this option, thanks to all who posted useful information.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Abel...Do you like throwing money away?

Get the Accumulator problem fixed first. That MIGHT cure your hybrid battery issue.

Next, run a PROPER diagnostic on the pack with the procedure given in the manual. You have specific packs to compare to each other in the battery. That will determine what is the problem. I will give you a BIG hint.... You do NOT use a voltmeter to check the pack. It is checked using internal software thru a Tech Stream or other pro level scanner UNDER LOAD in a specific sequence. What you are checking is the resting voltage and that doesn't show $hit for a pack under a load.

Your problem might be the smart controller and not the battery or the load test could show some other fault. Go ahead and keep screwing around if you like and you have plenty of money but a good tech can check out your car for an hours worth of time. It would be $100 to $150 of money well spent.

You could also replace/rebuild your pack and you might cure the problem as well but then again, you could be back on here in a few weeks asking the same question again.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

Wow! Sorry to have offended the almighty Wizard of Hybrid vehicles! Georgia Hybrid - to answer your question, no I do not like spending money, but I am conducting research one of which is this website's forums. I was not aware that the title of Super Moderator would go to a person's head but there is a first for everything. I was under the impression that this forum was a place to bounce ideas off each other and share experiences. It resembles more an inquiry to an upset bully who wants to make everyone else feel as if they do not belong on these forums. I get that you suggest I take it to a dealership with those well trained just out of ASE certification class techs. No thanks! There are far more useful people on the web and local shops that have specialize in hybrids. Again if you are offended by my posts then you have other issues you need to deal with. You do not have to worry about kicking me off this website, I will be leaving voluntarily.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Abel, your overreaction to GeorgiaHybrid slightly snarky comments is way worse than the snarky comments. Seriously, dude, toughen thy sky a bit. Feel free to justifiably let GH know you don't like his tone, but don't throw it back much worse than you got it. Just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Enthusiast

Like you said Alan in Tempe: it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands