Toyota Motor Corporation Lexus and Toyota Hybrids

Toyota Camry 2010 - P0A94 DC/DC Converter Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Toyota Camry 2010 - P0A94 DC/DC Converter Performance

Hey,

I own a 2010 Camry hybrid which used to be an ex-taxi. I have experienced the car shutting down on 2 occasions, 6 months apart. I have been driving on the freeway at approx. 100km/h and the car has stopped accelerating and i have had to pull over. The screen displayed "Check Hybrid System". After stopping for several minutes i was able to start the car and turn back home. There has been no problems until I took the car on the freeway again roughly 6 months later and the same issue has popped up around 20 minutes into my journey. I have taken the car into a mechanic who has told me the trouble code (P0A94 DC/DC Converter Performance). The mechanic is telling me that i need to replace the whole gearbox. This is a very expensive fix, and i was wondering if anyone knew if there was possibly a component that could be changed rather than changing the whole gearbox. I would really love some feedback or tips if anyone knew anything about this issue.

This issue seems to only be popping up when using the freeway for over 15-20 minutes. In normal city/ suburban driving there are never any problems whatsoever.

THANKS !