Honda Motor Company/Acura Honda hybrids

Bought 2017 Accord Hybrid Last night and instantly hated it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2017 Accord Hybrid my impressions

First off I came from a Regal GS 2013. So the power while not compairable to my car was still good on paper.

Got the car for $500 under invoice and it is an EXL. Got honda care 0 deductible 6 year 120k for $190 over cost $1235

So I got a good deal and I trusted all the online reviews.... MISTAKE! While this car does get the gas mileage it advertises if you drive like you do ever plan on getting there, My car sways severely at 70mph+. It causes me to make constant corrections and it it drifts and the lane assist steps in it starts a "Death wobble". Thr suspension is just way too soft or something. When you hit dips in the road it wants to almost spin out. Either a suspension issue or alignment. I'm leaning towards alignment.

The other issue is the dash is rattling and squeeking sure they will do a sound proof felt kit but I didn't want my brand new car to have to immediately go back to the dealer but guess I'm gonna have too.

Other than those issues the car is well mannered at lower speeds the material construction inside is better than the others in the segment. And at times getting better than advertised mileage

Anyone installed strut tower braces or any of the V6 suspension on these Hybrids? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by Slowregal; 12-25-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Tidy up
Old 05-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bought 2017 Accord Hybrid Last night and instantly hated it.

Get the alignment checked, it could be a simple issue. As for MPG, any car will get less at 70. I think EPA figures are calculated at 60. And a hybrid will suffer more at 70 than a regular gas car. I got **** MPG until i started driving 60-65 MPH on my hybrid. I only get above 70 down hill to get some momentum going.