Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Motor Company/Acura (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-motor-company-acura-60/)
-   -   Honda Hybrid Recommendations and getting a good deal? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-motor-company-acura-60/honda-hybrid-recommendations-getting-good-deal-21553/)

Rupert B. Puppenstein 04-20-2009 12:31 PM

Honda Hybrid Recommendations and getting a good deal?

I searched the site for this topic and originally posted this in general, but makes more sense to have it here!

I currently drive a 2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan and get on average 36-38 MPG in lovely Atlanta traffic. I have always been interested in Hybrids, and was intrigued by the Honda Insight at the Atlanta Car Show. I finally test drove it this weekend and it is a nice car (big change from the Civic-sort of) and my only major gripe with it was it seemed a bit anemic with accelleration with stop and go. My passengers weren't thrilled with the back seat ride (but who cares about how they feel? ;)) I can't see the benefit of getting the LX, so my target is to go with the Insight EX with Navigation. The dealer mentioned that they are selling for MSRP and not negotiating - not a big surprise so $23,000 + it is. When we were walking through the lot, I noticed the 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid EX-L with Navigation with the sticker price of a little over $27,000 which I asked if there was room for negotiation...which he said they would negotiate with the Civic but not with the Insight.

My question for those of you out there that love the Honda is whether it makes more sense to get the Insight or the Civic Hybrid and how much room for negotiation do you think I would have with it? I don't want to try throwing out a number if it is impossible to achieve. I tried to pull up the bottom-line prices for the Civic and Insight from Consumer Reports, but they don't have either model. :(

I am surprised to read that the Insight is already available for purchase and that users of this site are already driving around. At the Auto Show, they mentioned it was available for pre-selling and you could drive it on Earth Day...guess they ended up abandoning that?

Thank you in advance for any input you can give!

stevenvillatoro 04-20-2009 02:05 PM

Re: Honda Hybrid Recommendations and getting a good deal?

I had ordered an Insight after waiting impatiently for months. However, I was able to buy a Civic Hybrid w/leather and NAV for $5K under MSRP. It was an easy choice, based on my needs and preferences.

Rupert B. Puppenstein 04-20-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro (Post 201599)
I had ordered an Insight after waiting impatiently for months. However, I was able to buy a Civic Hybrid w/leather and NAV for $5K under MSRP. It was an easy choice, based on my needs and preferences.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like you got a much better option out of the deal with the long wait for the Insight. I guess I can start there - I think that trading in my current car would not be a good option because they may try to up the price more to compensate. Are there any gripes you have about the Civic Hybrid? The one thing that made me start to consider it was that I would be 100% familliar with the car, yet get the benefits of a hybrid. Does it have the same indicator system as the insight? The one that tells you how you are driving to optimize your fuel economy? I am guessing that Hybrids are significantly more popular on the West Coast, because out here in Atlanta, there are surprisingly quite a few on the lot.

homeloans86 08-09-2009 03:08 AM

Mortgage Brokers May Soon Face Extinction

Bank of America Mortgage Loan Modification Approval Several Important Tips For Writing a Loan Modification Hardship Letter How to Get a Home Mortgage Loan With Bad Credit Bank of America Mortgage Refinancing and Modification Options Mortgage Brokers May Soon Face Extinction

Rayseen 03-05-2015 10:28 PM

$27K for a 6 year-old used car???? Pony up a couple grand more for a new car. I bought 2015 Accord EXL HYB, for just UNDER $30K. I'm SURE the civics would be 5-7K less and the insight, ???. My 2 cents is (between the two models you mention) go with the insight for more interior/cargo room.

S Keith 03-06-2015 06:40 AM

Umm... That post was made 6 years ago in reference to a new car. Insights have been discontinued after 2014.

Rayseen 03-06-2015 09:17 AM

Thanks. I guess I should check out the posted date first.

shdwghst457 03-13-2015 12:10 PM

Don't feel bad Rayseen; this forum isn't as active as some of the others (Priuschat for example).

planet 04-08-2015 12:38 PM

This seems like an interesting thread. new Member permission join this discussion

http://wigunpics.science/3/g.png