Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Motor Company/Acura (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-motor-company-acura-60/)
-   -   IMA Light and P1637 after reconditioning battery (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-motor-company-acura-60/ima-light-p1637-after-reconditioning-battery-31890/)

gmcgough 03-17-2019 08:47 AM

IMA Light and P1637 after reconditioning battery

Hi,

I just finished reconditioning the battery sticks on my 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid. Prior to starting this I had no codes......just numerous recalibrations that I was trying to resolve.

Upon reinstalling the IMA battery I now have the IMA light and a P1637 code.

I swapped out the 20 sticks from a different battery (after reconditioning them of course).

I reconnected all the connectors.....no change.

Any help would be appreciated.

S Keith 03-17-2019 09:21 AM

Re: IMA Light and P1637 after reconditioning battery

Bad MCM

The likelihood that you successfully reconditioned the battery is very low.

gmcgough 03-17-2019 10:09 AM

I understand the P1637 code indicates a bad MCM but I doubt that is the issue. The only thing that changed was the battery sticks.

S Keith 03-17-2019 10:36 AM

The only time codes lie is when your 12V is weak/dead. Either you have a low 12V, you did something egregiously wrong when assembling the battery pack that caused damage to the MCM, or something else is wrong with your MCM.

Regarding the other thread you started for the exact same thing, that's normal. Kinda gives some insight into the fact that you have no clue what you're doing with this.

S Keith 03-17-2019 11:26 AM

LOL. I'm SO sorry. Are we a little too sensitive? Should I stroke your ego and tell you everything is going to be okay. Maybe send me your phone number, and I'll call you to read you Goodnight Moon at bedtime?

Seriously though, I'm sorry you don't like DATA and have to take things personally. Crappy way to go through life. You shouldn't get all huffy when people don't tell you what you want to hear, or tell you truth that you don't want to hear.

Good luck!

gmcgough 03-17-2019 11:38 AM

S Keith. I understand why you remain anonymous. Just go away. You have successfully hijacked my thread and I am sure it is a dead thread now. Its not a MCM issue......but you dont appear to want to let anyone else contribute.

S Keith 03-17-2019 12:48 PM

LOL... okay "gmcgough". I use my first initial and last name... REAL anonymous...

Actually, you should thank me. Each time I post, it bumps your thread to the top, so I'm helping you in that regard as well as diagnosing your issue... which is a bad MCM. You're welcome.

P1637 calls for resetting the code, if it returns, flash with most current firmware, of still P1637, replace with known good MCM, if P1637 goes away, replace MCM.

My posting in no way prevents anyone else from contributing. The fact is that few here contribute at all, particularly with Honda IMA.

If you had bothered to google "HCH1 P1637", you would have found a four year old thread saying exactly that.

But I'm sure you're situation is different because you're special.

Bump!

gmcgough 03-17-2019 12:56 PM

Nothing changes the fact that you are a self righteous jackass and you would likely get your *** kicked if you talked with people like that in person.

Your theory is wrong. Go away

S Keith 03-17-2019 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by gmcgough (Post 267671)
Nothing changes the fact that you are a self righteous jackass and you would likely get your *** kicked if you talked with people like that in person.

Your theory is wrong. Go away

The ones so sensitive that they would take offense to simple data are unlikely to possess the physical strength to do so. The ones who simply take the words at face value would react more rationally and would thus be unlikely to be inclined to attempt said kicking.

You have a bad MCM (or in need of a patch, or you bunked the battery assembly and cooked the MCM). You're welcome. Good luck.

Bump!

gmcgough 03-17-2019 03:52 PM

Jackass.....you were wrong on every level. It had nothing to do with the MCM, everything was assembled properly and had everything to do with the physical IMA battery components. Nothing to flash.......no replacement of MCM. Had you paid attention to the details of the initial post you might have been able to actually help. But instead you took the approach that you have all the answers and don't need to learn anything.

And like a troll you just kept coming back. I asked you to leave the thread alone but you were unable to stop being the schoolyard bully. You apparently feel the need to be right rather than trying to be helpful.

And its not like this is the first thread that you are being a jackass. I have read your righteous nonsense on several sites related to hybrids. Hence why you blocked incoming emails and PM's.

Bottom line is that these forums are supposed to be informative and also a welcoming environment. People come here with issues to resolve and you just add to the stress level.

Not coming back to this site as long as you are a troll here.