Honda Motor Company/Acura Honda hybrids

New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

I'm pretty excited about this one, mostly because it's a hybrid that won't look and drive like an appliance. Finally, a sporty hybrid! Here's a link to some photos that look like they were taken from a track video, looks pretty cool. Hopefully Honda keeps it sporty as it goes from concept to reality--

http://acceltimes.com/news/2010/1/ho...hotos-leak.php

Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

I can't wait to test drive one! Really! This is going to be SO much fun. Only Honda could have done it: a sport car with hybrid technology. Thank you, Honda!!
Oh, I almost forgot. Please read http://cr-z.honda.com/cra-zy-like-a-fox/ and have fun.

Last edited by Tatiana; 07-12-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tatiana
I can't wait to test drive one! Really! This is going to be SO much fun. Only Honda could have done it: a sport car with hybrid technology. Thank you, Honda!!
Oh, I almost forgot. Please read http://cr-z.honda.com/cra-zy-like-a-fox/ and have fun.
Saw a CRZ on the road today (Washington DC); first time I've seen one in person. Much better looking in person for sure, but not bad in the photos either. However, very hard for me to justify another two seater and I would never consider dumping my S2K for another Honda IMA Hybrid -- especially considering Honda's so/so coverage of battery/IMA failures. I'll have to go for a used Prius or a clean diesel for my next commuter.

Honda really should consider a no nonsense, 10 year, unlimited mileage, transferrable warranty on Hybrid battery/IMA systems given their aggressive push to put more and more hybrids on the market. Granted battery failures aren't the norm, but it's widely viewed as the achilles heel by those outside the hybrid community.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

This may not be the place (or even the website) to post this, but I have a question. All I read about the CR-Z indicates it has three performance modes: economy, normal and sport (or sporty or whatever). Yet I only ever see one set of MPG figures for the CRZ. Which mode are the MPG numbers based on? If it is the economy mode, that will be heart breaking. I mean, I could really see a car that could get great fuel economy, and then with the press of a button become a (sort of) fast and agile sports car... that would be fun.

Anyone know what's with the MPG?

Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

From what I have heard, the mpg's are based off of the normal default mode, which I think is not the econ mode.

I love the shape too

Brian

Old 09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S2K&HCH
Saw a CRZ on the road today (Washington DC); first time I've seen one in person. Much better looking in person for sure, but not bad in the photos either. However, very hard for me to justify another two seater and I would never consider dumping my S2K for another Honda IMA Hybrid -- especially considering Honda's so/so coverage of battery/IMA failures. I'll have to go for a used Prius or a clean diesel for my next commuter.

Honda really should consider a no nonsense, 10 year, unlimited mileage, transferrable warranty on Hybrid battery/IMA systems given their aggressive push to put more and more hybrids on the market. Granted battery failures aren't the norm, but it's widely viewed as the achilles heel by those outside the hybrid community.
Well look at this way. Honda has been making hybrids since 1998 in Japan and since then world wide they only had to replace 3 batteries

Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by Chokeoloko
Well look at this way. Honda has been making hybrids since 1998 in Japan and since then world wide they only had to replace 3 batteries
I think you need to do more research.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Agreed.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Veteran Mechanic

I followed(drafted lol) one of these CRZ cars today, it was candy apple red and you could just tell it was a reviewer of some sort. Anyways it's a real CRX body style….shorter than the insight and almost as wide as my HCHII. I kept up with the car easily up hills, even though this guy was pushing the CRZ and getting some pretty good body roll in the corners. Been driving said mountain for 25 yrs but this is the first time I've seen a hybrid CRX on it. I'm really amazed just how close it is to a(modern) CRX I think the style is back by popular demand. Now it just needs a more sporty suspension from what I've seen.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast

That would be very great experience that I never have been seen. Best bike that Honda made for us. This is going to be best bike that Honda produced. I am eagerly waiting for the Test drive. New CR-Z best bike for ever and giving a good mileage also. Nice information that you delivered to us.

Last edited by aarav; 07-09-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: New Honda CR-Z hybrid photos from video

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands