General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

2009 escalade Passenger side tilt mirror returns to incorrect position

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 escalade Passenger side tilt mirror returns to incorrect position

Hi

I have a 2009 Hybrid Escalade and the passenger side mirror recently stopped working.

I took it to an extended warranty repair shop and they changed the motor, told me that it is an OEM motor. I understand that the motor plugs in to the harness and is held by 3 screws.
The trouble is - the in and out direction is reversed even in manual operation or when the car is set to auto tilt the mirrors when parking.
The passenger side mirror tilts down, returns automatically to the correct up position but tilts outwards.
I tried to reset the seat, foot pedal and mirror position but this does not help.
Any thoughts?