General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

2009 Tahoe Hybrid Revving/Stall Issues

Old 12-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 Tahoe Hybrid Revving/Stall Issues

Hello everyone! My names Gilbert and this is my first post on this forum. I currently own a 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid with about 95K miles. I bought it used from a dealership up in Houston, TX with about 60K miles. Great SUV. We immediately fell in love with it. Fully loaded. We bought it for the wife and kids. It ran great for about a year or so and suddenly started giving us some stall issues when pressing the gas pedal. My wife would complain about it and sure enough everytime I drove it .. it never happened. Well I used it for about a week to see what was up. Sure enough it was doing it to me to. Stop at a stop light. Engine cuts off. Wait a couple minutes. Light turns green. Press gas and feels like it doesn't respond to the gas pedal pressed. Or sometimes it takes off very little and hesitates. I press gas a lot then I shoot out into intersection when it catches. Then suddenly I could feel the RPMs jumping at a stop and once the engine started reving into high RPM while stopped at a light. Took it to my mechanic. Ended up being throttle body issue. Replaced TB and had a friend from dealer go by to program it. Fixed reving issue. Ran smooth for about 2 weeks then the stalling came back. The thing is, it stalls a couple times a day and then doesn't do it for another day or two. It's random. Finally gave in and took it to dealer. They plugged it into computer and it showed that the TB was not programmed correctly. They did that for me. They cleaned fuel system and injectors. Picked it up and seemed to be working fine for about 3 weeks after that. Now it's starting to happen again. One time my wife pulled into a street from a stop sign and there was a truck coming behind her. She pushed gas and it hesitated about 3 seconds until she was able to take off. The guy had to press his brakes hard to slow down so he wouldn't hit her. I have no idea where else to turn. Please help
Today my wife drove it and at a stop light it started revving slowly up to almost 4000 RPM. As she was stopping it would feel like it was jumping ahead. Real jerky. Had professional diagnostics computer attached and absolutely NO error codes. Ugh

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST, GUYS! TRYING TO GET AS MUCH INFO INTO THIS POST AS POSSIBLE.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Tahoe Hybrid Revving/Stall Issues

This EXACT same thing has been happening to me for over a year with my 2009 Yukon Hybrid. Were you able to find any resolution?

Old 05-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Green1y1z
This EXACT same thing has been happening to me for over a year with my 2009 Yukon Hybrid. Were you able to find any resolution?
Nope. I had almost everything changed and swapped. Then power steering starting going off on it's own. Another 14 error codes on the computer. I finally threw in the towel and traded it in. Worst mistake ever to get one of these hybrid SUVs without researching first. Never again.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

mine did that also was the Lower Baro Sensor (passenger next to the throttle body)

check it with a scan tool to see if it matches KEY-on with the MAP sensor

so if the map sensor says 92 the baro should say 92KPa

when mine did it it said 92 and Baro said 102.... 102 KPa is sea level i'm 2700 feet so 92 is correct.... the engine would run away on me to 6,000 RPM

Old 01-03-2022, 02:58 PM
Enthusiast

Has this issue been resolved? I am now having this issue and can't find anything on what this is or how to fix it. 09 tahoe hybrid with only 62k miles.