General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

Does anyone know when the 2009 Silverado Hybrid will be available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Proud to be GM
Default Re: Does anyone know when the 2009 Silverado Hybrid will be available?

Originally Posted by DMartinTX
I...As is typical, the salesman didn't know squat about the Tahoe or much else. He quoted me a price of $67K for the hybrid Tahoe and I couldn't get one much over $55K on www.kbb.com The window sticker had been removed, so I assume the salesman knew the MSRP.

Just caught that part in RED on my 2nd read-through......I believe in most states it is illegal for a dealer to remove the window sticker on a new vehicle prior to sale. They can remove it on a used vehicle or a demo, but then the pricing is market price (typically, but not necessarily, LOWER than original sticker). Even on dealer or 3rd party modified vehicles, the original sticker has to be made available. Don't know if that's the law in Texas, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Peace,

Martin

PS - This MIGHT NOT necessarily apply to the Escalade Hybrid. The additional weight of the hybrid system puts it outside the regulated fleet, so it will not have an EPA fuel economy sticker. Not sure if or how that applies to the MSRP sticker

Last edited by martinjlm; 07-03-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAB
A loaded out Acadia would run you more than 40k, $30k must be pretty much a base-level trim. Since you really can't directly compare trim levels and options on different vehicles, it's better to compare the hybrid Tahoes and Yukons to their non-hybrid siblings. And that's where you find them to be loaded to the gills, so if you compare the hybrids against say a LTZ Tahoe you find the hybrid premium to be only around 5-6k.
Dude, they are "giving away" larger trucks and SUVs right now. Did you see that the Acadia is a 4wd SLT2? The guy at work mentioned that he got the "fancy model" for the price of a stripped version. Sticker might be well into the $40k region but discounts of $10k-$14k are common these days.

To be fair the price might not have been $30k even but it was in the low 30ies.

This is a great time to buy a truck BTW. They were advertising a 4wd Ford F-150 extended cab for $18,900.00 which is less than I paid for my Ranger!!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I gave up waiting. I bought a Silverado LTZ which stickered for over $40K for $32K. Since the first Silverado Hybrids will be LTZ trim, they'll go for about $45K. I think I can cover the extra cost of fuel with the $13K difference. Maybe in a few years I'll trade in for the hybrid.

It's unfortunate that the first Hybrid trucks out will be fully loaded and not really practical for work trucks. My boss told me we could buy a couple of hybrid trucks this year, but obviously not fully loaded ones.

I hope Chevy realizes there's a huge commercial market out there for real hybrid trucks.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by DMartinTX
Unfortunately, I gave up waiting. I bought a Silverado LTZ which stickered for over $40K for $32K. Since the first Silverado Hybrids will be LTZ trim, they'll go for about $45K. I think I can cover the extra cost of fuel with the $13K difference. Maybe in a few years I'll trade in for the hybrid.

It's unfortunate that the first Hybrid trucks out will be fully loaded and not really practical for work trucks. My boss told me we could buy a couple of hybrid trucks this year, but obviously not fully loaded ones.

I hope Chevy realizes there's a huge commercial market out there for real hybrid trucks.
Keep in mind that generally for the first run of a product like this, where the COST is significantly higher than the PRICE, having pent up demand is a good thing. Selling MORE = LOSING MORE. Whereas if people appreciate it for what it is and look forward to the second generation at higher volume, it becomes a win / win. Before some of you start up with the "short sighted.....only worried about profits...." rant, this is EXACTLY what Toyota did with the Prius and Ford did with the FEH.

Peace,

Martin

Old 07-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Martin, I totally agree.

I'm not for gouging by the dealers, but I agree the manufacturer needs to recoup their investment costs and price should match demand.

I know we'll all be in hybrid or electric cars soon anyway so I decided to take a pass on this first go around since my demand exceeded my patience

Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
MAB
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigTuna
Dude, they are "giving away" larger trucks and SUVs right now. Did you see that the Acadia is a 4wd SLT2? The guy at work mentioned that he got the "fancy model" for the price of a stripped version. Sticker might be well into the $40k region but discounts of $10k-$14k are common these days.

To be fair the price might not have been $30k even but it was in the low 30ies.

This is a great time to buy a truck BTW. They were advertising a 4wd Ford F-150 extended cab for $18,900.00 which is less than I paid for my Ranger!!
They're also "giving away" Tahoe Hybrids right now, or at least here in the midwest. Chevy now has a $4,000 cash allowance on them, as apparently lots of people are being put off by the 50K+ stickers on them. Most Chevy dealers here in Omaha NE have at least 1 Tahoe Hybrid gathering dust on their lots, some have several.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

There are only two options on the Tahoe Hybrid, a sunroof and something else that I have forgotten. Anyway, dependent on supply and demand in your area, it could be over sticker, but not near what they were asking for it.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 AM
Enthusiast

Well late 2008 has turned into early 2009. It appears they are coming of the line now. The dealer I am talking to said he had 2 pass through although they had been pre-ordered. He is thinking a couple of weeks for the ones the dealer ordered for themselves.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Are the 2 Mode Silverado's out yet? I will not be purchasing one until the Volt is out. My plan is to purchase a Volt and 2 Mode Silverado together. I have not driven a Tahoe 2 mode. I do not want let a dealer even think there is a chance I would be interested in a Tahoe. It is almost like teasing a horse with a carrot. Once the 2 mode Silverado is out, I'd really like to get behind the wheel of that one! Really can't wait to get behind the wheel of a Volt!!