General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

New Silverado Hybrid Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Silverado Hybrid Owner

You mean number of trucks built? I heard somewhere in the 2-3000 range, but that was just a guess.

And for an update, I'm up to 12,000 miles and have been pulling around a couple of snowmobiles to Mt. Baker, St. Helens and Snoqualmie. Put a coffin style toolbox in with misc gear and tools. It's been running great. Driving is always mixed driving 8 miles to work and 40 or more miles to the mountains pulling a 2 place sled trailer. Average 15-16 mpg, 18 if I'm lucky.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast

I was wondering if it was worth it to buy a gmc hybrid truck, but i am not so sure if it is worth it. The fuel savings really do not seem to be that much of a savings.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richard007
I was wondering if it was worth it to buy a gmc hybrid truck, but i am not so sure if it is worth it. The fuel savings really do not seem to be that much of a savings.
The built in outlets definitely are nice for tailgating, camping, and running power tools. I wouldn't buy it for the gas savings. In my case the dealer was trying to get rid of the truck and offered over 10 grand worth of incentives. The hybrid parts are a bit of a double edged sword. The manual states that hybrid parts are warrantied for 8 years...does that include the electric power steering pump and brakes since they're specific to the hybrid? If so, the extra warranty adds to the value of the hybrid. Batteries not included.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would imagine that this coverage would be like on the Fords.

On my Escape Hybrid, the extended coverage for hybrid components is basically anything that touches the high-voltage circuits directly. This includes the high voltage battery pack (obviously), the electric drive components (basically the transmission assembly), and the high voltage wiring, modules, and relays.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Enthusiast

Been a while since I posted on here. My truck just turned over 30,000 miles last week. List of maintenance items aren't really different than a non-hybrid.

-front pads and discs
-rear pads
-12v battery (warranty)
-tires

Battery was mostly due to sitting in the garage while I was working overseas. Front brake pads were fine, but the discs had worn funny and only contacting 50% of the pad faces. Rear pads were shot and squeaking.

Bought a 7,000 lb enclosed trailer and completely filled it with household goods, then towed it from Baltimore to Seattle. Installed a Tekonsha Prodigy brake control which made slowing down the trailer on the mountains no big deal, never realized how crappy the timed brake controls are after using this one. Mileage was nothing special, average was between 6-10mpg depending how fast and how steep. Held 55mph on even the steepest hills across I90.

Today I got a call from the dealer I bought it from saying they got a notice that GM is offering $6,000 additional trade-in incentive for first gen hybrid trucks. Not sure what to make of it, either they anticipate major problems with the truck or they're just trying to make new sales. Anyone know the particulars?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast

Hello -

I am a Chevy Hybrid owner, and I am trying to get in contact with other 2006 chevy silverado hybrid owners. THIS IS NOT A SCAM!!! Please, get in contact with me if you are having trouble with your hybrid silverado and want to be part of a lawsuit against GM/CHEVY.

In short I have had my transmission replaced times and the third time my vehicle almost caught on fire.

Now I would like for owners to get in contact with me if their vehicle:

1. Has had the transmission changed multiple times.
2. Had the transmission changed with low mileage.
3. Had leaking radiator fluid into the transmission.
4. Vehicle almost caught on fire.
5. Vehicle did catch on fire because of laking oil.

My contact informatin is olaria01@comcat.net. I will contact you ASAP. Again THIS IS NOT A SCAM and I would like for anyone with a silverado hybrid to get in contact with me from any part of the country.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Enthusiast

Last I checked the specs on the trucks were very close to the non hybrid except for the 120v outlets. My guess is they have quite a bit more torque as well. That would be helpful on a truck.

FAS/BAS works well for people that drive a lot. I'm currently at an average of 30.6MPG on a BAS system that has an EPA combined estimate of 28.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasranger556
I just purchased a new 2006 Chevy Silverado hybrid and was wondering if there are any other owners here in the forum to compare experiences and/or horror stories.

So far I have owned it around 2 weeks and gotten about 18 mpg combined highway/city. The rear drive shaft broke after 500 miles so I was unable to drive it for 4 days because the dealer was closed for christmas. Since then I have drove it another 200 miles before parking it while I am out of town for work.

I am wondering if it is better to have someone drive it periodically, or to disconnect the battery and leave it sit for the full 2-3 months till I get back?
hi there..My 02 Silverado Z71 has a piping noise somewhere in the drive train, its noticeable when it shift gears. I have 145000 miles on the truck and its been doing this ever since i bought it with 60000 miles. You would think something would break or fall apart by now! Also if you put the truck in neutral you can climb under and grab the drive shaft and twist it back and forth. s this a rear end, transmission or transfer case problem? Other than the piping noise this is the best truck Ive ever owned, never any problems!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast

Currently, i saw lots of hybrid cars but silverado has a great look and peoples are dying to see it. The specification of this car is outstanding and many peoples want to purchase it.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

The Silverado Hybrid expanded cab is a snug, smooth-riding pickup with a quiet, V8 motor, a roomy cab with good ventilation and very good outward visibility, and a rugged durable chassis. The Silverado Hybrid boasts a full list of hard working security constituents, including four-wheel computer disc brakes, rack-and-pinion steering for accurate command and strong.

Quick Reply: New Silverado Hybrid Owner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands