Finding Keyless Entry Combination

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Finding Keyless Entry Combination

Hello, I recently bought an 06 Mariner Hybrid. I honestly think its the best and most practical car i've ever owned. The 4WD, the close to 30 MPG, etc but i don't need to tell you guys that.

Anyways, i bought the car used. It has a Keyless Entry Pad on the door as alot of Fords do, but i cannot find the combination. In the past my SHO had a card that came with the factory manual. I'm not so lucky this time. I've done some searching and i've heard if i get on the floor on the passenger side front and look upwards toward the radio, the combo is printed somewhere up there. Now i've tried this a few times and i'm pretty flexible but any numbers i've seen haven't worked. They are probably part numbers. Would anyone have more advice or pictures? Those would be best.

The Ford Dealer told me they can find it for about 50-70 bucks but if i can find it why give them my money?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Finding Keyless Entry Combination

jruss1601
Try to find number here (look at the photo on first topic)
http://maverickclub.ru/forum/t41339.html

Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Usually, any Ford dealer can run the VIN and get the lock code. I would find a different dealer, and go in for something routine, like an oil change or one of their advertised specials. While in there, ask the service advisor if the lock code is on his screen whilehe has your service records pulled up. When asked while doing another service, some of the more friendly dealers will just lean over, write the code on a piece of paper and hand it to you.

The other option is to find out where the door lock module is mounted. Usually it is inside the driver's door, possibly on the door panel itself. You'll need to remove the door panel. The module will have a label on it, and that lable will have the code printed on it. Last time I saw one was when I was changing out a lock actuator on a Lincoln I used to own. I never used the key pad since I didn't have the code, and always used the remote. But when I had the door panel off, the module was mounted there, and the code was printed on it. I tried it, and it worked first time!

There is a possible third option; look through every page of every manual and piece of paper that came with the owners manual. Sometimes the dealer will write the code in there somewhere for the first owner. Good luck!

Last edited by SanAntonio Joe; 07-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:42 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Here's how to do it on the Escape Hybrid. MMH should be the same:

http://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8215