Mercury Mariner Hybrid engine noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast
Red face Mercury Mariner Hybrid engine noise

Appearing immediately after picking up car from dealership service, engine has a recurring squealing sound when driving and parked with running.

Known occurrence in city driving.

Occurs approximately 5 minutes after engine started and does not cease.

Does anybody else have this issue? Soundbite attached in zip file.

Attached Files
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mercury Mariner Hybrid engine noise

Not sure if it's related, I posed this in the FEH after a recent trip to have hatch glass replaced:

But Just ahead of me I overheard talking about water pump needs to be replaced, will be in next tue/wed, then I saw him get into a MMH and drive off. So I asked about it, it's an 09 MMH with only 13k miles, the symptom was a faint ticking sound, no leaking. The service guy said he's never heard of one going out before.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
No longer an Enthusiast.

I had an engine noise with my 2006 FEH - just before the engine catastrophically died. (By 'catastrophic', I mean 'could not repair. need new engine. $6500, please'.) I would encourage you to be insistant with the dealer, and to purchase the longest extended warranty that you can.

Want more details? The thread is here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...0-miles-22393/

Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 PM

Nothing like ceasless noise to be easy to bring to the service department's attention. Get back to them asap, and note the service had just been done. Apart from pointing fingers, it will likely help with diagnosis, it's very likely something they've done. Or coincidence

Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by dlucarelli
I had an engine noise with my 2006 FEH - just before the engine catastrophically died. (By 'catastrophic', I mean 'could not repair. need new engine. $6500, please'.) I would encourage you to be insistant with the dealer, and to purchase the longest extended warranty that you can.

Want more details? The thread is here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...0-miles-22393/

OK, we get it... your engine failed and you're not happy about it and you want Ford to cover a repair that was well out-of-warranty. Please stop posting all over the place. You're one owner out of more than 60,000+ FEH/MMH out there and while your failure is regretful it's not the norm for this vehicle!

You have a thread to vent/discuss on. There's no need to spam the issue to other threads.