Same as ford?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Same as ford?

Does the Mozda Tribute use all the same systems, (I.E. ABS) as the ford.
Or do they use some of there stuff.

Mark

Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Same as ford?

Originally Posted by Tigermidge
Does the Mozda Tribute use all the same systems, (I.E. ABS) as the ford.
Or do they use some of there stuff.

Mark
Its a clone... the only differences are cosmetic.

Its a game the manufacturers play. The Mariner is the same as the FEH except for body panels, options, etc... but they advertise to make the Mercury look like its the higher quality upscale option.

I know people who won't buy a Ford, only Mercury because they are convinced the Ford will have mechanical problems.... yet they roll off the same line.

Buy a MMH or a MTH over the FEH because you like the look, or the options, not because it won't "break down" as much.

Last edited by TeeSter; 08-22-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

In the past I have not been a big Ford fan. I was a chevy mechanic for 10 years and have owned Fords, with lot of the usual stuff going on (head gaskets, trans problems).
But I would love to find a true OFFROAD 4x4 Hybrid. Ford is the only one making one right now.

Mark

Old 08-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tigermidge
In the past I have not been a big Ford fan. I was a chevy mechanic for 10 years and have owned Fords, with lot of the usual stuff going on (head gaskets, trans problems).
But I would love to find a true OFFROAD 4x4 Hybrid. Ford is the only one making one right now.

Mark
Only experience I can give you with the 4x4's is mine. My 4WD FEH is an '06 and has 72,000 miles on her. Never had a single problem except with a sticky A/C door on the battery... fixed easily under warranty. As for it being a true Offroad... wellllllll..... Its a very decent capable vehicle. The 4WD system is really an AWD system which is great for wet pavement, slick conditions and such... but from what I understand not the best for offroad use... I guess the differentials tend to send power to the wheels that are slipping? However it does have some intelligence to limit that. Not traction control mind you (however I think the '09s do have Trac Control).

You can go up some nice size hills and go through sand (check out others posts)....

I can't say its the same thing as a 4WD JEEP or such offroad though (however with Jeeps quality issues that might be a good thing..)

Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Enthusiast

Yup! The MMH, MTH and FEH are open differentials. AWD would be a term I would prefer to use. It's good for just about any nonpavement situation in the US, but not for rock climbing.