08 Yukon

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default 08 Yukon

Hi everyone.

We finally picked up a hybrid! A long time waiting.
Its been worth the wait.

Found a certified Yukon locally, and I think I stole it.

What does everyone think of the new 2012 rear bumpers with exhaust ports?
Someone hit my bumper, so im in the market for an nice upgrade, and exhaust.

I've have a hard time finding sound clips of a hybrid with aftermarket exhaust.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Yukon

2012 bumper

Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM
aka soulsea

Hi Gary,

If you look at the '09hyhoe' thread you will see the escalade bumper upgrade build I did which is one of your options (pics also in sig) ... the upshot of that one is that one can use the spare tire kit with it as it has an access point for the hitch.

The 12 escalade premium rear bumper and dual tips pictured above just came out ... it is actually for sale as a package by a friend of mine (SuperchargedSS) on tahoeyukonforum.com. I believe he's about to guinea pig it on his own ride to test it.

Although beautiful, perhaps not the best option for someone who has a habit of getting their rear bumper smacked around.

Oh and as far as how an aftermarket exhaust sounds, here's mine with a resonator delete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3M8vognkQk

Cheers!

Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default I also have the resonator delete....

it was one of my first "mods" on my 08 yukon and I love it!

Originally Posted by HyHoe
Hi Gary,

If you look at the '09hyhoe' thread you will see the escalade bumper upgrade build I did which is one of your options (pics also in sig) ... the upshot of that one is that one can use the spare tire kit with it as it has an access point for the hitch.

The 12 escalade premium rear bumper and dual tips pictured above just came out ... it is actually for sale as a package by a friend of mine (SuperchargedSS) on tahoeyukonforum.com. I believe he's about to guinea pig it on his own ride to test it.

Although beautiful, perhaps not the best option for someone who has a habit of getting their rear bumper smacked around.

Oh and as far as how an aftermarket exhaust sounds, here's mine with a resonator delete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3M8vognkQk

Cheers!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys.

Our hybrid has a Bluetooth system. I thought it wasn't an option for the 2008? I can seem to find any info on how it works.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I doubt you can connect your phone with the bluetooth with 08 models.
anyhow try to press and hold the right side mid button on steering wheel, this should activate the voice coomand. then either say bluetooth, or help
Hope this helps

Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Enthusiast

I was able to pair the phone the 1st time. But it never auto connects every time I getting in. There is a button with blue phone symbol on dash, below the ac controls.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

hmmm, don't have this button on my 2010. not sure what it does. mine connects automatically once I start the vehicle.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 AM
aka soulsea

Yeah the 08 model did not have BT capability from factory ... it looks like someone must have installed an aftermarket system such as Blue Fusion.

----------------------------

PS. Perhaps you could post a pic of said BT button so we can see what we're talking about?

Thanks.

Last edited by HyHoe; 01-23-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Enthusiast

Quick Reply: 08 Yukon

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands