Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   08 Yukon hybrid died while driving. Won’t start (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/08-yukon-hybrid-died-while-driving-won-t-start-31949/)

Twobillion Ks 05-26-2019 09:21 AM

08 Yukon hybrid died while driving. Won’t start

I was driving at city speeds. Accelerator became unresponsive. I came to a stop. Removed the key, then inserted and attempted to restart the truck and it will not crank. 12v is good. All lights and electrical work (except time display). Do I just need a new HV battery? Thank you very much for your help.

Jaime 05-26-2019 05:32 PM

Re: 08 Yukon hybrid died while driving. Won’t start

First thing to do is connect a scanner to the OBD2 port to read any codes set by the computers. That will give clues as to what the cause of the problems is.

robmck 05-27-2019 06:40 AM

Hi..
Have you checked to see if your vehicle has had the transmission controller changed? Some early models of 2008 hybrids had a faulty part which meant the engine would not crank, and when driving everything would come to a stop. It happened to me with my 2008 Tahoe about 6 months after purchase. In the US this is a warranty item. Once replaced the problem has not re-occurred.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Roger1212 05-14-2023 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by robmck (Post 268051)
Hi..
Have you checked to see if your vehicle has had the transmission controller changed? Some early models of 2008 hybrids had a faulty part which meant the engine would not crank, and when driving everything would come to a stop. It happened to me with my 2008 Tahoe about 6 months after purchase. In the US this is a warranty item. Once replaced the problem has not re-occurred.

Hope this helps. Hello what part did you change mines keeps doing that shits turns off out of. No where even on the freeway I changed the air sensor and the one next to manifold also

Rob

??? 05-14-2023 08:59 PM

I think by transmission controller he means the TCM. transmission control module. I believe it's inside the tranny case on these trucks. no clue how hard that would be to change and it would probably have to be programmed to the truck by a dealer level scanner after install.