08 Yukon hybrid died while driving. Won’t start

Old 05-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default 08 Yukon hybrid died while driving. Won’t start

I was driving at city speeds. Accelerator became unresponsive. I came to a stop. Removed the key, then inserted and attempted to restart the truck and it will not crank. 12v is good. All lights and electrical work (except time display). Do I just need a new HV battery? Thank you very much for your help.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Yukon hybrid died while driving. Won’t start

First thing to do is connect a scanner to the OBD2 port to read any codes set by the computers. That will give clues as to what the cause of the problems is.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi..
Have you checked to see if your vehicle has had the transmission controller changed? Some early models of 2008 hybrids had a faulty part which meant the engine would not crank, and when driving everything would come to a stop. It happened to me with my 2008 Tahoe about 6 months after purchase. In the US this is a warranty item. Once replaced the problem has not re-occurred.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Old 05-14-2023, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robmck
Hi..
Have you checked to see if your vehicle has had the transmission controller changed? Some early models of 2008 hybrids had a faulty part which meant the engine would not crank, and when driving everything would come to a stop. It happened to me with my 2008 Tahoe about 6 months after purchase. In the US this is a warranty item. Once replaced the problem has not re-occurred.

Hope this helps. Hello what part did you change mines keeps doing that ***** turns off out of. No where even on the freeway I changed the air sensor and the one next to manifold also

Rob

Old 05-14-2023, 08:59 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

I think by transmission controller he means the TCM. transmission control module. I believe it's inside the tranny case on these trucks. no clue how hard that would be to change and it would probably have to be programmed to the truck by a dealer level scanner after install.