09 HyHoe

Old 10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
aka soulsea
Default Re: 09 HyHoe

Just a little update on a pending small mod ...

I received some gloss carbon fiber vinyl wrap today. My intention is to wrap the front bumper lower valance with it so as to upgrade from that hideous textured plastic nonsense.

Might take me a week or so to get around installing it, but pics will be posted when I do.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Serge,
Do the tire sensors from the orginal rims fit in your current rims? Also who makes that grill and did it come with the lower grills in the tow hook area?

I'm just plotting my plan of the attack on my impending purchase.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:58 PM
aka soulsea

I didn't use the tpms from my 18s on my 22s ... I bought the 22s as a package with tpms, chrome caps, and tires already mounted, and I sold my 18s the same way. But as far as I know the tpms are the same on all those wheels, but I always double check these things at the dealer's parts dept.

The grilles are from Grillcraft who make a very high quality product. They are the only quality aftermarket grille option for the Tahoe Hybrid as the non hybrid grilles will not fit our trucks. They make them in both stainless steel mesh like I have (SW Series) and in black and silver mesh (MX Series) ... although the black one tends to get lost on a black truck. The lower (tow inserts) are one part and the upper two grilles are another part.

http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...id.aspx/3/752/

The SW series is pricey but can be found for less at other vendors than Grillcraft, the MX series is the budget version.

Hope that helps a little.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
aka soulsea

Btw, I posted these on the other thread but I'm also posting them here so that all my mods are on one thread for easy reference ...

Spare kit with optional 22" hoist (bottom of pic):

Spare tire kit installed:

Last edited by HyHoe; 10-18-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HyHoe
I didn't use the tpms from my 18s on my 22s ... I bought the 22s as a package with tpms, chrome caps, and tires already mounted, and I sold my 18s the same way. But as far as I know the tpms are the same on all those wheels, but I always double check these things at the dealer's parts dept.

The grilles are from Grillcraft who make a very high quality product. They are the only quality aftermarket grille option for the Tahoe Hybrid as the non hybrid grilles will not fit our trucks. They make them in both stainless steel mesh like I have (SW Series) and in black and silver mesh (MX Series) ... although the black one tends to get lost on a black truck. The lower (tow inserts) are one part and the upper two grilles are another part.

http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...id.aspx/3/752/

The SW series is pricey but can be found for less at other vendors than Grillcraft, the MX series is the budget version.

Hope that helps a little.
Thank you, that helps a lot. Now the hardest part will be deciding on the SW series or the silver MX series.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM
aka soulsea

She's been in for scheduled service and to sort out a couple of small warrantied fit & finish issues, so I took the opportunity while she was there to have these two accessories installed:

1. Wheel Theft Deterrent System (Inclination sensor) PN: 17800432

2. Vehicle Security System (Shock Sensor) PN: 17800431

They work seamlessly with the existing alarm system.

Cheers!

Old 10-29-2011, 07:50 PM
aka soulsea

Just a little heads up on the security accessories above ...

Make sure the dealer sets the shock sensor at a reasonable level. If not something as seemingly innocuous as a rain shower will set it off and it will go off if you try to remote start.

There's a little volume type **** on the side of the shock sensor module (attached under the steering wheel assembly) which sets the sensitivity level. Turn it all the way down and keep increasing it incrementally remote starting every time. Find where the threshold is for the remote starter setting it off and set it slightly less sensitive.

Works like a charm though.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Administrator

I have the shock sensor turned to very sensitive. it works fine with me. dealer installed.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM
aka soulsea

Originally Posted by evois
I have the shock sensor turned to very sensitive. it works fine with me. dealer installed.
Well mine was also dealer installed along with the inclination sensor.

I haven't gone through the entire range yet to see how much it will tolerate ... all I can tell you for sure is that when it was set on max, heavy rain made it quick hit the horn as a warning and the remote starter set it off.

Right now it is set on minimum ... but it might turn out that I might be able to turn it to almost max without the remote start setting it off.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
aka soulsea

Installed the "step shields" accessory today:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 HyHoe

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands