09 HyHoe

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM
aka soulsea
Default Re: 09 HyHoe

Hi Phil, and thanks for the kind words.

No too many changes over the few years the GM full size hybrids have been out.
In general it seems preferable to stay away from the 08s as they tend to have a few issues that got ironed out later on. Starting in the 10 model year the nav unit got slightly upgraded with usb and bluetooth. In 11 they moved the resonator eyesore from behind the bumper to the same place it is on the Escalades and Denalis. Cosmetically there have been almost no changes from the 08 to present. I'm not aware of any TSBs but one can easily find out what they are by creating an account on http://www.alldatadiy.com or by contacting GM.

I'm extremely happy with mine and average around 17-18mpg in the city and 23-24 hwy.

Cheers!

Old 12-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Old 12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
aka soulsea

Eight projectors ...

Upper 2: 5000K bi-xenon hid with option switch form dual to quad.
Lower Inner: Upside down halogen projector for daytime flash to pass.
Lower Outer: Hollowed out projector with LED DRL/TS switchback

Duals:

Quads:

Dual low beam:

Dual high beam:

Dual no glare ...

Random:

I gotta try and find a spot with no lights to take better pics of the low/high beam output. I never realized how rare total darkness actually is.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM
aka soulsea

So the time has come to move on from the hyhoe ... I've pretty much done every tasteful (i hope) mod there is to do so boredom is setting in.

Anyhoot, I've started unwinding said mods and selling bits off before I trade her in. Some small accessories are already gone, escalade mirrors too. I have commitments from folks to buy the escalade rear bumper, the front grilles and the tinted tails/3rd.

I'm now selling a custom painted front valance in 'the market' here and another forum. I'll soon also list my complete set of Weathertech DigitalFit liners and my chrome running boards. Eventually the spare tire kit and my quad retrofit headlights will be for sale as well.

I'm looking to buy a set of hybrid 18" rims at a good price so I can take the 22s off, although I haven't decided if I will keep them for the next vehicle or sell them ... I suppose it depends on what I end up buying.

It's all a little bit sad because given the time and effort to make her look this way I came to grow fond of the ol 'gal ... still, I hope to have as much fun with the next ride as I did with this one.

If anyone wants any of this stuff let me know. I'm not rushing through this cause it's still going to be a few months till I'm ready to pull the trigger on the next one.

Cheers!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sad to hear of the teardown. I did the puddle lights to LEDs that you suggested and they good great. Next will be the interior festoon lights. Although your headlights will likely be too pricey for me, I'll watch to see when you sell them. They look great.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Hyhoe
Sad to hear that, but I am just wondering why are you stiping it down instead of selling it as is with all your options after spending all this money and time on it?
any specific reason why you are planing to get rid of it?

Thanks

Old 12-27-2011, 07:43 AM
aka soulsea

Hi Guss,

It makes no sense to sell it with all the mods. It adds little to nothing to the trade value, and sometimes it can even hurt as folks like their vehicles factory. This way I'll recover 60-70% of the accessory costs and get fair trade value for the vehicle.

As far as what is next I am not sure yet, but chances are I'll stick with a gm suv ... although to be honest, I'm not sure I'll stick to the hybrid's eccentricities.

Cheers!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hello, new to the forum and a recently purchased 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. HyHoe I sent a PM. Thanks!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
aka soulsea

Hi R,

I'm driving around atm, I'll give you a call in a couple of hours when I get home.
It'll be from a 917 area code no.

Cheers!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 AM

Thanks Serge for your reply
Keep us posted, enjoyed your feedback in this forum
Regards
Guss

Quick Reply: 09 HyHoe

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands