09 Sierra Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default 09 Sierra Battery

Hi, new member here. My truck has not thrown a code (yet) but did experience some stalling issues and slow take off issues. I was told recently the batteries are at EOL and needed to be replaced, $5k for the service. The truck has 205k miles and runs great, stealership offered me $500 for trade in. I know its not worth what a similar gas model is worth but doesn't it make sense to replace the battery at $2700 ( found online). I read about replacing some modules but the reality is they are dead and all of them need replacing. Looking for some feedback, my truck looks great, runs great. for now...

Old 04-16-2019, 12:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 09 Sierra Battery

A new HV battery list price was under $3000. No way should it cost over $3500 to get one replaced unless someone is ripping you off.

Refurbishing them yourself is difficult.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:49 PM

Last I checked, the list price of the newer P/N battery is about $4200. Big change from the prior part number.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just purchased one from a dealer I am friends with and paid $3250 and no core since I brought him my old one when the new one came in. Made a tremendous difference even thought I thought the old one was good (until the end). My Yukon has $185 K miles, but is way too nice to give up on. Money well spent, especially as the hybrid isn't gonna sell for much if the battery is bad.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1gmc
I just purchased one from a dealer I am friends with and paid $3250 and no core since I brought him my old one when the new one came in. Made a tremendous difference even thought I thought the old one was good (until the end). My Yukon has $185 K miles, but is way too nice to give up on. Money well spent, especially as the hybrid isn't gonna sell for much if the battery is bad.
Where is this dealer located? Do they have more for sale?

Old 04-18-2019, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

I've posted a reply twice but it's not showing up...

Old 04-24-2019, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast

Received my battery today form GMPartsHouse.com. Now to see how long it takes to get it swapped out.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

That really couldn't have been easier. 4 Bolts, 3 wires, a connector and air duct. 1 hour tops. It is heavy, I enlisted a helper and was able walk it through the truck and out the driver side.Connected everything back up and it works! WHEW! I will say I will be more attentive to the cooling fan air slots. My dog rides with me constantly and the entire thing was covered in dog hair almost suffocating it.

The dealer wanted to charge me $543 to swap it out PLUS charged me the $1k core that I would have never gotten the money back for.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:05 AM

Did GMPartsHouse.com charge you the core? Do you have to ship it back to get a core refund?

What's the total out-of-pocket?

Old 04-24-2019, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, $1k. The battery came via FEDEX, had no HAZMAT stickers or labels on the box, only DO NOT TILT. I am boxing it back up in the original box and shipping back to them via one of the freight companies we deal with. Once they receive it they will refund my core. Total out of pocket was around $3945 including Core Charge.

Quick Reply: 09 Sierra Battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands