09 Yukon Hybrid repo update

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default 09 Yukon Hybrid repo update

The adventures continue, finally got new battery installed by dealer. They called and said it runs but bad gas is making it run rough, since gas had been sitting for over a year.

Picked it up on trailer and had my personal mechanic drop and empty the tank and clean it up. Fuel pump is providing plenty of pressure and fuel injectors are spraying fine.

When it starts it won’t stay running more than a few seconds. So now it’s back at the dealer. Any suggestions since I know the dealer is clueless and will probably tell us we need to order new parts instead of really troubleshooting,

Old 02-06-2018, 05:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 09 Yukon Hybrid repo update

Is it quitting or is it warmed up and going into Auto-Stop?

Will is move immediately after it "quits"?

Old 02-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Is it quitting or is it warmed up and going into Auto-Stop?

Will is move immediately after it "quits"?
it just quits- dealer called and said 300v battery is discharged, my mechanic called them when he picked it up to drain the tank that it was already discharged but they didn’t take that.

we’ll see what they do, told the dealer to get it running. I’m certain they are tired of messing with it and they don’t really know what they are doing. You would think that they would have access to people somewhere across the country to help them troubleshoot and resolve these issues.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

They do have access and the Internet! Back in the late 70s when I was Mr. Goodwrench... I would have loved the on-line resources we have today.

They can call for help and get it. They can use the scan tools available to read voltages and such.

If they discharge that battery too far, they will have to replace it again. Very few out here are like Steve Keith and have extensive knowledge on this stuff.