Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Chevrolet Hybrid Battery

Originally Posted by S Keith
Deal breakers:
1) If it's been sitting for 2+ months
2) > 80K miles
3) 40 modules resting voltage greater than 7.4V and 0.05V max deviation.

If the above are met, you're looking at $2000 for a battery that is unlikely to last 4-5 years vs. $4K for one that should last 8yr/100K+

$750 labor sounds OUTRAGEOUS UNLESS they are actually disassembling the battery and doing voltage/load tests on the 40 modules.

If they are just swapping packs, they are bending you over without a drop of lube.

LOL! Ok thank you! I'll find out the details...

Old 11-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Administrator

It's usually $3500 from gmpartsdirect and you can arrange for the dealer for shipping and install with the core. It is refurbished I think but comes with a warranty if dealer installed. P0BBD is pretty much HV battery problem.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
It's usually $3500 from gmpartsdirect and you can arrange for the dealer for shipping and install with the core. It is refurbished I think but comes with a warranty if dealer installed. P0BBD is pretty much HV battery problem.
It's already been well established that no online resource will ship a battery.

In fact, here is a copy of the email I received 9 days ago from gmpartsdirect:

Hi,
Please accept my sincerest apology for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Please note that our email address has changed. Our new email address is:
customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com

Part number 84141586 is currently on a National Sales restriction and we are unable to supply this part. We recommend that you contact your local GM dealer. They may be able to obtain part number 84141586 for you.

Thanks,
Floyd

Your customer service agent for
www.GMPartsDirect.com

The ONLY place you can get a new hybrid battery is from a GM dealership. Period.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you everyone! I guess that answers my next question of being able to order myself and have my mechanic install the new battery. Gmpartsdirect has it on sale for $2500 w $1000 core refund. Sounds like a deal but also sounds like they won’t ship. Can my dealer order from them???

Old 11-17-2017, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you everyone! I guess that answers my next question of being able to order myself and have my mechanic install the new battery. Gmpartsdirect has it on sale for $2500 w $1000 core refund. Sounds like a deal but also sounds like they won’t ship. Can my dealer order from them???

Old 11-17-2017, 05:32 AM

Please read my post.

Furthermore, your dealer gets it for less than gmpartsdirect price. They are putting a huge mark-up on both parts and labor at $4300

Old 11-17-2017, 05:53 AM
Administrator

They replaced mine at $3500.00 and it wasn't even the HV battery that's wrong. I got $3500 credit to purchase a new body style escalade.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah - pack replacement should only take about an hour, two max with road tests, code resets, etc. $250 labor would be on the high side of normal.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast

So I contacted my uncle (parts manager at the GM dealer) turns out he can get me brand new battery for $2825. They still want $750 for labor so I will take the new battery to my guy for install. Obviously, I have to bring the core back to the dealer.

Are there any special instructions/threads/videos regarding swapping the batteries? Does it have to be re-programed? Hoping for a quick plug and play, reset the codes and crossing fingers that all is good.

Thanks all for time and consideration.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:33 AM

A normal "cherry picker" or two big strong guys can wrestle that pack out. Lots of 10mm head fasteners.

Un hook that 12V battery first!

Let it set for 5 minutes after that BEFORE putting any wrenches on High Voltage cable bolts.

When removing and re-installing the Orange Service disconnect, (passenger side) it has an interlock circuit built into the little latch that slides. Make sure you re-latch that or no start ( with codes)

When working on HV connections. Use one hand if possible. If there is an internal problem, Two hands creates a circuit path across your heart!

Other than that, put the DC cables back as they were. The steel cover over the attaching terminals has an interlock circuit too.

There may be some tweeking of trim and or air cooling parts since the service part is "one size fits all".

Make sure that Orange disconnect is seated and slide the latch.

2 hours taking your time and rigging lift fixture. It is less than 200 pounds but you don't want to tear up the interior.

Depending on your state, you may have to pay sales on the core charge.

Quick Reply: 2008 Chevrolet Hybrid Battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands