2008 Yukon Hybrid A/C Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Yukon Hybrid A/C Noise

My wife has a 2008 Yukon Hybrid that makes a loud noise whenever it is humid/hot outside and the A/C is turned on. if you turn the A/C off and back on it will go away for a short period of time. It does not do it when the vehicle is in Auto Stop, only under gas power. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Administrator
Default Re: 2008 Yukon Hybrid A/C Noise

no noise here. can you take a video clip?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

Its very hard to duplicate at it does not do it when the vehicle is stopped.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

On hot and more particularly humid days the A/C compressor will work the hardest. With engine running it will run and cool harder. In Auto-Stop the compressor will back down a little. The reason? Noise.

The compressor is mounted on the right front lower engine block just like the belt drive non-hybrid. So it will be more noticable at the right front wheel well. It sounds normal to me.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the noise? It can get pretty loud. Embarrassingly loud at times.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If you want to be warmer in the cabin... unless there is something wrong with the compressor.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Administrator

I like the static and electrical sounds of the hybrid.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Enthusiast

Here is the noise when it is not that loud. I captured this during remote start. It gets way louder than this.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.mp4

Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Administrator

sounded very normal to me....

Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

This was the only TSB I found on A/c Noise
-
Date: May 13, 2009
Subject: EI09115 - Poor A/C Performance, A/C Compressor Noise (Engineering Information)
Models:
2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid
2008-2009 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid, Tahoe Hybrid
2008-2009 GMC Sierra Hybrid, Yukon Hybrid
Attention:
Proceed with this bulletin ONLY if the customer has commented about this concern AND the EI number is listed in GMVIS. If the customer has not commented about this condition or the EI does not show in GMVIS, disregard the bulletin and proceed with diagnostics found in published service information. THIS IS NOT A RECALL -- refer to Service Bulletin 04-00-89-053B for more detail on the use of Engineering Information bulletins.
Condition
Important
If the customer did not bring the vehicle in for this issue, DO NOT proceed with this bulletin. ONLY CONTACT THE ENGINEER IF THE DIAGNOSIS LEADS TO AN A/C REPAIR.
Some customers may comment that the vehicle's A/C is not cooling or is not cold enough. Also, the customer may comment that the compressor is noisy when the A/C is turned on or engaged.
Instructions
Important
DO NOT replace the AC compressor.
GM Engineering is attempting to determine the root cause for numerous "No Trouble Found" compressor returns due to insufficient cooling or noise concerns from the customer. Engineering has a need to gather information on vehicles, PRIOR to repair, that may exhibit cooling or noise concerns. Document the following information on the repair order:
For compressor noise, please confirm:
1. The correct refrigerant charge amount.
2. The compressor attachment bolt torques.
3. The high and low side refrigerant pressures.
For compressor performance concerns, please confirm:
1. The 12 Volt fuse condition.
2. Identify all diagnostic codes that are set.
3. If B101D code is set, clear code and check A/C performance.
Once the above has been documented and confirmed and the condition does not result in acceptable A/C compressor operation, please contact the Warranty Manager before continuing with compressor replacement. If the Warranty Manager is unable to return the call within two hours, proceed with the diagnosis and repair based on information found in SI.

Quick Reply: 2008 Yukon Hybrid A/C Noise

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands